Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 05-20-2016, 02:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: Sequential Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, for those of you with a trans am and ordered this kit - STS-3TA. Does it just modify the two existing bulbs or is it for 3 bulbs? The sequential videos of 3 bulbs is clean and what i want but this kit on the website says "without modifying your housing" and doesnt mention "bulbs" in the kit. You must modify the housing to make the 3rd bulb fit, this is why i am asking.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by futuref-body
Alright, for those of you with a trans am and ordered this kit - STS-3TA. Does it just modify the two existing bulbs or is it for 3 bulbs? The sequential videos of 3 bulbs is clean and what i want but this kit on the website says "without modifying your housing" and doesnt mention "bulbs" in the kit. You must modify the housing to make the 3rd bulb fit, this is why i am asking.
No modifications to the housing necessary. The kit comes with new bulbs that fit in to the existing sockets. All you need to do is tap in to the wiring with the kit and just be aware that when those special bulbs burn out - you can't use the type in the auto parts store lookup books. (I recall the new bulbs are a 921, or something like that.)
Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tempted to get this, but not sure I'll enjoy the "mustang-esque" look.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like this if they didn't blink so fast.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Tempted to get this, but not sure I'll enjoy the "mustang-esque" look.
It's not about what you want, its all about your fans. Its not uncommon for me to encounter hundreds of adoring fans, who want my autograph, at the local quickie mart or gas station - all because they like my turn signals.

Originally Posted by dabest09
I would like this if they didn't blink so fast.
Look at post #96 in this thread for guidance and a video on how to change the blink rate.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wssix99
It's not about what you want, its all about your fans. Its not uncommon for me to encounter hundreds of adoring fans, who want my autograph, at the local quickie mart or gas station - all because they like my turn signals.

Ah, my fans. Sometimes I forget about the simple folk.
In that case, I gotta do it! ...for my fans.

I should probably put in an order for a pack of sharpies and a notepad too.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look at post #96 in this thread for guidance and a video on how to change the blink rate.[/QUOTE]

Just saw that. Looks much better! I might have to order this.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:23 AM
TECH Resident

at page 5 and #96, Nice inform...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Default Where to buy sequence flasher?

Hey all, I've read through most of the pages and i only see 2 vendors (one is no longer in business and the other is webelectric but they dont ship to Canada…).

Where else can i find these?

I already have a kit installed and the timing adjuster snapped off the board so it no longer works properly.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Do you know someone that can look at it and repair it? It might be and easy/cheap repair.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VIP1
Do you know someone that can look at it and repair it? It might be and easy/cheap repair.
Good suggestion, I actually thought of that in bed last night (lol)…
I have soldered before but this application is definitely beyond my capability. Maybe i will investigate, but what kind of business would work on silicon boards?

Still lookin for suppliers though...
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
Hey all, I've read through most of the pages and i only see 2 vendors (one is no longer in business and the other is webelectric but they dont ship to Canada…).

Where else can i find these?

I already have a kit installed and the timing adjuster snapped off the board so it no longer works properly.
Have you tried emailing webelectric? Maybe they would ship for an additional shipping charge?

NAFTA was supposed to make this easy...
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Have you tried emailing webelectric? Maybe they would ship for an additional shipping charge?

NAFTA was supposed to make this easy...

Yeah I e-mailed them. They just said they dont ship international (as if I am any farther away from them than other states) -sarcastic.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Save the manuals!

Yeah I e-mailed them. They just said they dont ship international (as if I am any farther away from them than other states) -sarcastic.
I think Web is a one-man operation and would just bet that they've either had too many problems in the past or the extra time to process an international package is an issue for them.

If you are OK with a little extra expense, you might try out Shipito. They offer a service to ship the package to a US address and then forward it to you internationally. I did a quick look and it seems that they will do it for the extra US-to-Canada postage plus a $8.50US fee.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

I think Web is a one-man operation and would just bet that they've either had too many problems in the past or the extra time to process an international package is an issue for them.

If you are OK with a little extra expense, you might try out Shipito. They offer a service to ship the package to a US address and then forward it to you internationally. I did a quick look and it seems that they will do it for the extra US-to-Canada postage plus a $8.50US fee.
No ****, thanks man!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Good suggestion, I actually thought of that in bed last night (lol)…
I have soldered before but this application is definitely beyond my capability. Maybe i will investigate, but what kind of business would work on silicon boards?

Still lookin for suppliers though...

So I called a bunch of electronic repair shops in town and one guy in-particular that repairs T.Vs seemed to be the only guy that sounded like he knew how to solder circuit boards (and put his name on his work) so i brought it to him, 'lo & behold' he fixed it properly for $35 and it works!
'Happy as a pig in ****' now.

Thanks for everyones help!!!
(now I want a slower flasher).
Old 03-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Save the manuals!

(now I want a slower flasher)
Look at post #96. Very easy to do. (You don't have to make the part, you can buy one instead.)
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Formula1RR
Does anyone know if switchback led bulbs for DRL will affect the sequential taillights?
Not sure if you got your answer yet, but NO it will not be affected. I run switchbacks in the front, sequential incandencent in the rear and a electronic flasher and no issues at all.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Look at post #96. Very easy to do. (You don't have to make the part, you can buy one instead.)
Yeah, I just read that he fried a few on the custom resistor solder job and i can see myself doing that too.
I agree, buying one is best, Ill see if I can find that "FF552NL".
Wish i knew how to tell which flashers are faster and slower though without having to try them first.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Save the manuals!

Yeah, I just read that he fried a few on the custom resistor solder job and i can see myself doing that too.
...Um - yea. That was me. I fried them while experimenting, but regardless - these take some experience/soldering skill so one doesn't heat up the components too much.

I agree, buying one is best, Ill see if I can find that "FF552NL".

Wish i knew how to tell which flashers are faster and slower though without having to try them first.
That's where the adjustable comes in to play. My experience is any thermal flasher is going to vary greatly in its speed and that electronic flashers will tend to be slower.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Sequential Tail Lights