Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Someone keyed my car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone keyed my car!

I go outside to go to work and I see that someone was kind enough to think that my car needed scratches all around it. It wasn't just a single scratch down the side it was at least two, on both sides and the hatch and the hood. I don't know anyone around here except my friend down the street. Some people just don't realize that you don't mess with another man's car! Oh, and my car is black.

Anyway, I am too upset to think right now and I need advice on the best product for scratch removal if anyone has ever been in this situation themself. I will eventually get it repainted but not until I have a garage. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Someone keyed my car!

i dont think theres anything you can buy for that. you need a body shop. sorry to hear bout that. ppl are f'ing haters
Old 10-01-2003, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago, every single panel was keyed all the way to the metal and fiberglass, I had to have my two front fenders completely replaced and my entire car repainted, mine was keyed with a screw driver. Just pay your comprehensive deductable and get a whole new paint job, sit back and love it when its finished, cause it will look like brand new again, dont even stress bout it, i didnt....
Old 10-02-2003, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome to the club. Sad to hear this. The same thing happened to me at school. A nice, long, deep scratch on the side of my car. Luckily most of it came out but I was still ready to kill someone. This was right after I had my entire car buffed to near perfection, then some as*hole has to f*ck it up. I have a passionate hate for disrespectful people like this. It's all a jeoulousy thing. Messing with a man's car is like messing with him, bad things happen.

Ryan
Old 10-02-2003, 07:25 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I really would cripple someone if I caught them doing this. That permanent limp would remind them to never mess with someone's car again. Nothing gets me more pissed off
Old 10-02-2003, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Some scumbag did the same thing to me. It really ticks you off when you come out and the first thing that catches your eye is a big key mark going down the side of your car.
******** !
Old 10-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You know whats worse? Coming out to your car and finding the rear fender caved in behind the driver's door.

--VIP1
Old 10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a bad week. I just had stuff happen to my car too
Old 10-02-2003, 01:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People actually do suck..

If its bad enough you might want to file an insurance claim.. paint the car electron blue..
Old 10-02-2003, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine got keyed too. The same guy keyed I think 14 other cars in the same day at school. All I can say is he got the beating of a lifetime, and his car is no more
Old 10-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Update. I looked at the car today in the sunlight and it looks like most of the scratches were in the clear coat. I am not usually one to look for a quick fix in a bottle, but I tried Mequiar's ScratchX and it actually took most of the scratches out. I'm sure with another application and then some cleaner and polish it will be like new.

I appreciate everyone's sympathy. Not everyone understands how we feel about our cars.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

If someone keyd my car i seriously think i would beat them in the face with a fuggin tire iron.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can try some swirl mark remover from Meguiars, and 3M has some too, Orielly's should have it. The Meguiars is in a tan bottle, as its a professional line. You might be able to use a light cut on i too, but if scatchx took most of it, the swirl remover should work, just rub and rub....
Old 10-11-2003, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't wanna hijack the thread....but I'm on the same boat
Someone keyed "*******" words all over my SS...

I will definitely claim it on my insurance, and I will try to paint it electron blue metallic, if possible....
Old 10-11-2003, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

That is HORRIBLE!!! That just makes me so ******* pissed!!!

BTW: My car still has the key marks, but it happened last March, will it be possible to get insurance to pay for it if I wanted to fix it now? Thanks
Old 10-12-2003, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well... I depends. First of all, just because your car is insured both ways, doesn't mean they will cover it. Second of all, you need a police report stating that your car was vadalised (sp.) Mine happened last Tuesday, on the School parking lot. It wasn't 'till Saturday morning when I noticed it in my garage(I drive this car on weekends only, and it was dark on tuesday, so I didn't notice that right away) So, I drove back to DePaul, and called security. They issued a report, and I also filled a report with Chicago Police Department. University security told me that they have security cameras, but they would only look for the tape, if it was a physical assult. (rape, murder, etc.) I plan on calling Insurance on Monday, but I am already scared that they will say "well...you didn't call us on the the day it happened...."

I'll keep you posted....
Old 10-12-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

School parking lots in Chicago seem to be a bad place for F-bodies and a good place for jerks.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, DePaul area is located in Lincoln Park, and that is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in chciago. No house costs less than $500,000 ....
It could have happened anywhere...
Old 10-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Teching In

that sux. i hate when they tag your car thinking its some one elses.

man i guess i got lucky and no one has tagged mine yet.. couple of my friends got hit but they were being jackasses and taking up 2-4 spots. that tends to get your car hit quicker than any thing else.

why cant people keep there damn keys to them selves?

Old 10-12-2003, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had that happen a zillion times.....having a brand new pewter WS6 vert in highschool really had a lot of people jealous of me. Now that i'm in college there are a lot of people with nice cars so it isn't the center of everyone's attention anymore. One time i did catch the person doing it IN THE ACT! Came up behind him real fast and knocked his ****** *** out! I hate people that do that. They are a discrace to society and shouldn't be allowed to own cars!

Rant off.

Hope all goes well for you.

Quick Reply: Someone keyed my car!