Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Winter storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter storage

I will be storing my in my backyard for the winter once the weather turns. I was wonder what I should do to prep it. I have a nice Stormweave CaliCar cover, but the gravel in my parking area has worn away, so most of the area is now dirt. I'm worried about putting the car cover on and having mud splash inside the lower part of the cover when it rains and then scratching the finish when it becomes windy. Also, what should I add to the fluids? And should I make it a point at certain intervals to start the engine and let it run for a bit to keep thinks lubed?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Winter storage

Don't worry about running the car or changing fluids, it's not going to be sitting that long.

If your going to park the car on dirt than there's not much you can do to prevent dirt from splashing on the paint. I wouldn't want my car sitting in dirt for a few months anyhow.

Can't you park it in a driveway or on the street?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Winter storage

I wouldn't cover it on dirt either - It traps the moisture coming up from the ground under the cover. I wouldn't want it uncovered. I would attempt to pull the cover off of it on every nice day you get throughout the winter. That way it can dry out.

Some interior ideas. Put some kitty litter or speedy dry onto a paper plate and place it somewhere inside the vehicle. It will trap any moisture you have floating around inside the car and keep things like mold from apearing on you seats etc...

You can put another plate of it underneath the car as it tends to keep some rodents out as well.