Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How do I remove wax off my car

Old 10-08-2003, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove wax off my car

I have a 00 WS6. It is garage kept and I have had it for 3 years now. It has only been driven in the rain once. I have some light swirls ect and want them gone. So basicaly I want to start over and get the paint back to where it was when I bought it new and start all over. Any help would be great and how do I keep it looking good after getting the wax/polish off.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: How do I remove wax off my car

Zaino is the best and easiest wax to use imho (and most people on this sites) you can get it at wwwzainonstore.com its worth every penny and more. mild dishwasher soap (read dawn) is great for stripping wax off cars and does no damage at all to finish, but you MUST re wax it after you strip it to protect the pain. do a search for zaino and see what people say.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well you need to first polish the finish. My reccomendation is to polish with Menzerna Final Polish using a porter-cable dual action polisher with a medium-cut yellow foam pad. this is assuming your swirls are minor. I used this procedure to completely remove swirls from my black Firehawk. After polishing, the color of your car and the type of protection you are looking for dictates the product you will use. If the car is a garage queen, ore supreme durability is not a huge issue, my reccomendation is either Pinnacle Souveran wax or Zymol Destiny wax. Both of these products will produce a deep, deep, rich liquid shine and are pure enough to be layered for increased depth. If durability for long periods of time is an issue, then I would reccomend Blackfire for darker cars and zaino for lighter cars. Others will tell you there is no option but Zaino for all cars in all situations, but I disagree. If you have a silver car, perhaps the best shine I have seen is provided by Platinum Ultra Paint Protection. Whatever wax/sealant you choose, make sure that you POLISH (not Glaze, not z5, not any other filler) FIRST. If you don't polish, you will just hide the swirls and they will reappear with time. the best polishing results are generally achieved by machine rather than hand.

Best of luck and PM me if you have any more specific questions.

-Tom
Old 10-08-2003, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Tom. So I should use a mid soap to remove the wax and then by starting over polish the car and use a wax to protect it? So what your saying is I shouldn't use any glaze or filler type correct? Thanks for the info.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mike, Being that you will be polishing, the soap you use does not matter. Personally I would skip the Dawn, and use a regular carwash soap. This will not remove the wax, but the polish will. Using dawn to remove wax (and subsequently re-wax/seal) is fine, but since you said you have swirls, you are going to need to polish to get rid of them ANYWAYS, so using the dawn is kinda unnecessary. If you were to use the Zaino system, you would Dawn, then "fill" in all the swirls with the z5, then seal over with the z2. You would still see most swirls though as z5/glazes fill in only the minor imperfections. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Polish out the swirls so they aren't there to fill in. this doesn't preclude using a glaze, though. If you've truly removed the swirls by polishing, a glaze is still a nice thing to use as it can add some depth, gloss, and wetness, but bear in mind that any benefit provided by a glaze is temporary. The benefits of polishing are permanent (well at least until you go and do something that puts swirls back into the car, like using a dirty towel or whatever). Since you have black, this is going to be harder and more intensive than if you had any other color. take the time to do it right, though. The rewards are immense.

Old 10-09-2003, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys I get this sap or something, that stains my paint (White TA)little specs everywhere.
They almost remind you of rust spots, but they scrape off and leave a yellow stain.
Any Ideas how to get it off and keep it off my TA?
Old 10-09-2003, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

First, Clay the car to get off all the bonded contaminants. If that doesn't remove all of the remaining stains, where it has stained you will have to use a compound and then a polish to basically remove the stained portion of your clear coat. Then, seal it up with a product of your choice (and maintain the sealant coating), and then stop parking under trees!!

-Tom
Old 10-09-2003, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Is Zaino accepting credit cards online yet? I checked the site up-top: www.zainonstore.com and it was down at the time.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

YES!!!

Try this link: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
Old 10-10-2003, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, the new store is so much better than the old one! (I hated having to call/mail stuff)

-Tom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I remove wax off my car