Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 motor getting a facial....

Old 02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 motor getting a facial....

What do you guys think of this so far, I'm going to be powdercoating a stock WP housing the same steel color as the valve covers with a black EWP and black neck, all the bolts are black, I have a red alternator and I have both a red and black version of the MAF have to choose 1, is there 2 much color going on here, the car itself is red with black striping, I repainted the motor compartment while it was empty also....
Comments please and yes the black stripes on the intake kinda suck did it by hand with no tape and it shows...
Attached Thumbnails LT1 motor getting a facial....-dsc02208.jpg   LT1 motor getting a facial....-dsc02210.jpg   LT1 motor getting a facial....-dsc02162.jpg   LT1 motor getting a facial....-dsc02163.jpg  
Old 02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

motor looks good man. I am in the process of doing stuff to mine. I have polished valve covers, painted red intake, and i am painting the block semigloss black. I am debatig on either doing my TB red like urs or black, or polishing it. And my alternator i am going to polish it.

I would say do the Alt. in the same color of the valve covers IMHO. Too much red if its red with the bay, intake, ect all red.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

looks great, but you need a new plate to go ontop of the throttlebody.

get a billet aluminum one or somthin. also, have you considered doin fuel rail covers??
Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1
looks great, but you need a new plate to go ontop of the throttlebody.

get a billet aluminum one or somthin. also, have you considered doin fuel rail covers??
x2 on both of wat he said, i forgot to say that i was going for both of wat he said above too.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

"Attention tool sale in aisle #3!!"

Uh yeah I just did all that work to bury it under plastic non functional fuel rail covers... good 1... otherwise I agree I may have 2 much red going on I'll put the motor back in the car and then take a look at the MAF and alt situation.

Hey maybe some red one could suggest red wire loom all over the place?? NOT!!!!

Billet ain't happenin either guys, this is about the red/black combo I'm the anti bling bling
Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by multmigs

Uh yeah I just did all that work to bury it under plastic non functional fuel rail covers... good 1... otherwise I agree I may have 2 much red going on I'll put the motor back in the car and then take a look at the MAF and alt situation.

Billet ain't happenin either guys, this is about the red/black combo I'm the anti bling bling

the fuel rail covers would cover the part of the bottom of the intake where the injectors are dont they? I know they cover the fuel rails too but u would still see that ur intake is red.

And we are giving suggestions, u dont have to be all crazy with responding back with sarcasm. Either way, i'd do the ALT. in black than.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by multmigs

Looks good multmigs. Few questions.

Where did you get those valve covers, I like em? Do they clear 1.6 rockers and the alternator in stock location? And what steps did you take to paint the engine bay?

P.S. I would do the alt in black so it doesn't crash with the engine bay.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

valve covers are from Ebay bout $100, a hotrod supply place sells them they are LT1 specific with the small notch on the pass side for the alt to tuck into and 2 holes for the oil fill, and oil drain back tube, the other side being smooth. They sell them plain polished alum, I did the powdercoating.

They have 1.6RR crane gold rockers underneath and seem to have no problems I was concerned so I installed then turned over motor a few times and took them off, no marks on anytihng...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Actually, LT1 FRC's don't cover much of the valve covers:

Not my car
Old 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

yea man get FRCs. i think they look great:

mine before i put it in the car...

in the car. see the FRCs are real nice.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbird31
yea man get FRCs. i think they look great:

mine before i put it in the car...

in the car. see the FRCs are real nice.

that looks bueatiful....Makes me think twice on if i should get the plastic vette ones or get the polished ones meant for mylt1. How much mod'ing did it take to get those FRC's to work?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 motor getting a facial....