Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Connector for A/F gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Connector for A/F gauge

I just bought some autometer gauges and have a question about the a/f gauge and how to hook it up. I know there is a pig-tail plug that can be used, and is probably best. However, could i just use a dual splice connector on the purple/white wire (pin 69) coming out of the pcm? It would keep me from cutting the signal wire while still being able to splice in the purple wire from the gauge. Only reason i ask is because I know some people have had trouble with inaccurate voltage signals after cutting and splicing into the purple/whit signal wire. Also, what gauge wire should i run from the supplied purple wire from the gauge (which is really small) to the purple/white signal wire? Maybe 18 gauge?

Attached is the splice im talking about using.
Attached Thumbnails Connector for A/F gauge-connector.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes those have been used before, but most common connection point is at the 02 sensor itself for tapping the purple wire.

btw dont get your hopes up, the narrow band readings you will get are not in any way accurate of the condition of your air fuel ratio
Old 02-25-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^Okay cool so those connectors should work. Im not certain ill splice it at the pcm, i might go down through the shifter area and tap in closer to the o2 sensor that way.

And yeah trust me i know about the narrow bands, this is just a filler gauge till i boost or spray the car lol. Plus i got the gauge at a really good discount.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

after you connect it i would tightly wrap it in electrical tape so no water or dirt gets inthere

Quick Reply: Connector for A/F gauge