Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Z28 + Firebird nice weather pics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z28 + Firebird nice weather pics...

The weather was nice last week and I had a chance to snap some shots of the car all cleaned up. The NBM Firebird is my friend Nate's.....

Both cars need chrome wheels BADLY lol. I don't know if I want to get rims first, or lower it first. I want to get chrome or polished ZR1 5-spokes, or C5 Z06 wheels, I haven't decided yet. I will most likely get rims first then lower it when I can afford to, even though I'm already dealing with scraping issues at stock height (my longtubes don't like speed bumps). I also want an SS spoiler. The Firebird should have tinted windows soon if he ever gets around to it lol. I think he wants to get chrome C6 rims for it.

Let me know what you think
Old 03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

clean Z id put rims on then lower it
Old 03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice looking vehicles. Personally, I would go with some chrome ZR1's.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell your buddy to tint his 3rd brake light and rear bumper markers ASAP....

Nice cars....

Your z needs clear or blacked out turn signals IMHO...
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

hahahaha the top of cscc parking lot? I think Ive seen both those cars there last quarter I know the firebird for sure. Im still driving my DD 94 grand cherokee (green) if you see it (I park in that lot too)

Last edited by antivtec69; 03-28-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by antivtec69
hahahaha the top of cscc parking lot? I think Ive seen both those cars there last quarter I know the firebird for sure. Im still driving my DD 94 grand cherokee (green) if you see it (I park in that lot too)
Yep! Thats cool man, I'll keep an eye out for your Jeep. I didn't have my Z28 until the last couple weeks of the quarter, I had a blue S10 Xtreme before that and I'd always park on the 3rd floor next to my friend's silver Civic. The roof makes a nice backdrop for pics
Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

It sounds like you're on the right track as far as appearance modding. I would do something about the grill though. Maybe do a bow tie grill. Something to at least loose the front plate!
Both cars looks great!
*Edit: Also, maybe fill in the CAMARO letters in the back? Or berger panel?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Looks good and sounds like you have some good plans for it!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2k2cam
It sounds like you're on the right track as far as appearance modding. I would do something about the grill though. Maybe do a bow tie grill. Something to at least loose the front plate!
Both cars looks great!
*Edit: Also, maybe fill in the CAMARO letters in the back? Or berger panel?
Yeah, an SLP bowtie grill is very high on my list. I hate the stock grill and front plate. I've considered doing a berger panel, but more than likely I'll just get stainless letters (and Z28 badges to match) once I get rims.

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Looks good and sounds like you have some good plans for it!
Thanks man. I was pretty set on getting ZR1's but every time I see pics of your car it makes me consider Z06's too
Old 03-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

I usually park on the third floor too, I go to class MTWTH so Ill be around. I might even pull out the SS before too long
Old 03-31-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just a couple things to consider seeing that you have the same car as me minus the interior (neutral leather here).

If you don't use your FM/AM radio often a shorter antenna would help both you and your buddies car look much better.

For reference.

Instead of a berger/stainless inserts you could do raised gloss black inserts from autotrimdesign like I did.

(Photobucket destroyed the quality of the picture but you get the idea)

Also stock orange corners look fine on bright red

Then just out of curiousity you wouldn't happen to have any ground clearance pictures with those edelbrock longtubes would you?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

That antenna is EXACTLY what I want! Where did you buy it from? That looks perfect.

I haven't decided if I want to do the black rear inserts, or go stainless. I might replace the stock Z28 badges with stainless ones (after I get chrome rims of course), and if I do that I might get stainless letters to match the Z28 emblems, but if I leave the stock badges I'll go with black Camaro letters. Right now, I'm leaning towards black.

I agree that the stock ambers look good on red. Clears will stand out too much, and tinted corners won't look right unless I do the whistler mod, which I don't plan on doing.

I will take a ground clearence pic tomorrow of the longtubes and post it up for you
Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Longtubes...

FWIW, the Edelbrock headers have started to rust after being on the car for about a year now. The previous owner said if he knew they were going to rust that quick, he would have just bought Pacesetters.

I don't think I'll be able to lower the car more than an inch, or maybe 1.25" max (I think thats how much Strano springs will lower it), without scraping all the time
Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

good times man!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Both look good, perfect cars to start with and your plan
Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SKZ28
That antenna is EXACTLY what I want! Where did you buy it from? That looks perfect.

I haven't decided if I want to do the black rear inserts, or go stainless. I might replace the stock Z28 badges with stainless ones (after I get chrome rims of course), and if I do that I might get stainless letters to match the Z28 emblems, but if I leave the stock badges I'll go with black Camaro letters. Right now, I'm leaning towards black.

I agree that the stock ambers look good on red. Clears will stand out too much, and tinted corners won't look right unless I do the whistler mod, which I don't plan on doing.

I will take a ground clearence pic tomorrow of the longtubes and post it up for you
I bought the antenna off ebay it's one of the 8 inch ones I believe.

I would stick to black, but thats just me. Seems like a lot of the newer stainless badges just end up looking out of place.

Thanks for the ground clearance pics I was just curious how much room there was with the edelbrocks seeing that they are fairly large headers.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I ordered a black billet grille from ebay, should have it by the weekend
Old 04-09-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Oh man. Your friend is making bad appearance decisions with his bird. There are so many things i'd do different that I would bore you with how long the list is. Yours on the other hand, looks good. Just need some wheels and you have a good looking car. A sunoco hood would look good!