Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone ever vht'd front turn signals on a trans am??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever vht'd front turn signals on a trans am??

well my turn signal lamps look like crap... they have alot of small cracks in them and they are all foggy looking i'm guessing from water being trapped inside them... anyway i bought new lights from the dealer and decided to try vht on the old lamps to see how i liked it... it looked good on the outside but when the lights were on they looked horrible!... the light was dim and it looked blotchy... i'm thinking most of the problems i had were due to the condition of the lamps to begin with but i want to see others experiences before i try it on my new lights... so if anyone has any pics it would be very helpful... fyi i'm referring to the running/turn signal lights NOT the sidemarkers... i have seen pics of vht'd sidemarkers but i didn't like them... i thought it stood out too much unless the car was black so i plan on getting the smoked corners off ebay instead of having them totally blacked out... i think it would all look good together when it's done... tia
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe you put too much VHT on them? Too much will drastically cut down light output.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought about that so i stripped one of them down and compared the light output vs a new one and the new one was 100 times brighter so like i said i'm pretty sure it's just the condition of the lenses but i'd like to see some that other people have done before i go screwing up my new ones lol

Quick Reply: Anyone ever vht'd front turn signals on a trans am??