Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tires stained brown/red

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tires stained brown/red

The sidewalls of my tires are stained brown/red from my wonderful driveway and even after I scrub with a nylon brush and car wash solution they dry brownish reddish. Any tips on which tire cleaner to use that is safe, and won't hurt my rims or paint? I've seen ppl use bleach-white on their tire sidewalls but I'm not sure that's safe.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

after u clean them spray them with tire shine once or twice they will turn black again
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had great luck with a product called Amazing Roll-Off - it works really well, and is very easy to use. I don't remember where I got it, but a quick Google search should net you something.

I liked it so much that I actually bought an entire gallon of it, and will buy more when I run out.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3800RS
after u clean them spray them with tire shine once or twice they will turn black again
Yeah that works but I want to go a step further and remove the staining. Then the tire shine/gel can absorb better and condition the rubber better. Also the tires won't look so old if I get lazy and don't clean and dress them all the time.

Last edited by feelnlo; 06-01-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I've had great luck with a product called Amazing Roll-Off - it works really well, and is very easy to use. I don't remember where I got it, but a quick Google search should net you something.

I liked it so much that I actually bought an entire gallon of it, and will buy more when I run out.
Thanks I'll check it out
Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Staging Lane

are you sure your drive way did this? were you using armorall? that has messed more than one set of my tires up before. now i stick to mothers products.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 161 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckless
are you sure your drive way did this? were you using armorall? that has messed more than one set of my tires up before. now i stick to mothers products.
Yeah, I've had the same experience with other tire shine products. I'm not sure which ones but now I'm scared to use any of them on my tires because the brown color looks so bad. I'm going to watch this thread to see if there are some tire shine products that are proven to not eventually turn brown on the tire sidewalls.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dannyual777
Yeah, I've had the same experience with other tire shine products. I'm not sure which ones but now I'm scared to use any of them on my tires because the brown color looks so bad. I'm going to watch this thread to see if there are some tire shine products that are proven to not eventually turn brown on the tire sidewalls.
I've been using Black Magic Tire Wet Foam, and haven't had any issues with it. I dd mine, and I only have to apply it once a week, with no staining.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that's from silicone/etc. in the tire shine drying up on your tires. Use some tough cleaner (I've used simple green, but watch your paint) and scrub. That's got mine off, then use a good quality product to seal it.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wreckless
Hmm... I haven't dressed my tires in a while to be honest, but I do believe I have been using Armor-All tire shine. I have a couple bottles sittin around and I'm pretty sure one is armor all. I think the other is Black Magic or Eagle one. I wasn't impressed with the Armor-All version anyway. Oh and a little tip for anyone using tire shine gel for the first time... don't apply too thick and leave it on without wiping the excess! You'll find it slings nice little dots all down your paint that are nearly impossible to get off. They will not wash off with soap and water easily. Took my hours to rub them all off with an Absorber drying towel. I was furious and tossed the new bottle of tire gel. Wasn't the products fault really, more of an application error.

I usually use a nylon brush with very firm bristles when i was it. The staining is not that bad but I do notice it after the tires dry. Like I said, haven't been using tire in a while. When the tires were new they didn't look bad without it...only a year old now.

Anyone ever used Orange Blast degreaser for tire cleaning?
Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys have had products staining them? Damn. I use Black Magic tire shine spray, it lasts a good week or so.

On my last car, a 3rd Gen camaro, I used to use the armor all spray. I would spray it every week when I washed the car. After a while I used it so much that I didn't even need to use it anymore, after I washed the car they would still shine.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

its going to take a good cleaner... some APC, Simple Green, Westley's Bleach White, etc...

Its a film.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

simple green diluted is a good choice,

purple power is another good one i use it....

...anyone notice that the newer styled can of black magic tire foam isnt as good ??

wierd, i know, but i have noticed the tires look like the tire shine got rinsed off...

....does armor all still make the detailers advantage foam ??
Old 06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use Dawn and a stiff bristle brush to scrub my tires maybe once every month or two, and Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance tire gel for dressing about every other wash. It keeps the tires looking nice and black.

On my truck, it was the same routine plus Comet and a fingernail brush to clean the white letters.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

purple power ftw
Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
I use Dawn and a stiff bristle brush to scrub my tires maybe once every month or two, and Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance tire gel for dressing about every other wash. It keeps the tires looking nice and black.

On my truck, it was the same routine plus Comet and a fingernail brush to clean the white letters.
x2 for the degreaser and comet for white letter tires,
my jeeps mud tires always look like new
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bleche White and scrub with a brush.

I dress my tires with tire foam, but I don't spray the foam on the tire. I spray it on a cloth and wipe it on. Works great and a can lasts a long time.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Black magic, eagle one, adams polishes, zaino tire shine all I have used and none of those cause the brown stains, they in fact REMOVE them. Black magic is what I recently have been using with great results, after about 2times they will be black again.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

4o9, Sray it on let sit for 1 minute and scrub brush. You will see brown tire smoot running down as soon as you spray it. Smoot was the only word that came to mind. LOL.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Westley's Bleche Wite. It is purpose-made for this.

http://www.westleys.com/

Quick Reply: Tires stained brown/red