Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

GOOD set of HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GOOD set of HIDs

I am looking for a great company that sells HID's for the 4th Gen 2000 Camaro. I don't want bobo brands please. I don't mind spending money on a quailty set of HIDs. Just the low beams too please. Did some searching and most were for (for sale threads)

Thanks
-Sean-
Old 06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to ebay, advanced search, search by member, search HIDKing. I bought my set from him for about 80ish bucks. Well worth it, I got 6000k's in mine and they are SO bright and have an even disperse of light. Dont flicker or mess with electronics like some cheapo knock offs do.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Thank I will do that.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most of the kits you get are going to be the same cheap Chinese ballasts no matter where you get them from. I'd just shop based on what kind of warranty the seller offers. I hear DDM tuning has some solid kits as well. I have a 5000k kit myself and it's been good for 2 years. I highly recommend getting a relay harness for it. And I'm sure you're already aware, but if not, the higher number K you go, the less light output you will have. 4300k is the brightest and whitest and what most OEM HID's use. I wouldn't go any higher than a 6000k kit.

Some companies do have kits that use good ballasts such as Philips or Bosch however they're just using those ballasts and putting their own kit together, none of those big companies actually sells HID kits for this kind of use. Hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah HID King has a life time warranty I believe. They have been very very very good. I drove at night for my road trip from FL to KY and they never missed a beat.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea. Go with them then for the warranty. Like I said more often than not these ballasts are all the same exact things just branded for different sellers. So as long as you have a warranty, you're pretty much okay with anything you get. You using a relay harness USArmyZ28? I know personally I'd never run a kit without one.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ebay. got my set of 6ks for $54 shipped. plug and play. worked for over 2 years
Old 06-26-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 20SS07
Yea. Go with them then for the warranty. Like I said more often than not these ballasts are all the same exact things just branded for different sellers. So as long as you have a warranty, you're pretty much okay with anything you get. You using a relay harness USArmyZ28? I know personally I'd never run a kit without one.

Yes I am, I cant so anything but the best about HID King and Eurolights. Make sure that you odnt need a sealed beam conversion kit, being that its a LS1 style Z Im 90% sure you dont.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Nope no sealed cinversion kits for me.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Well then your going to pay alot less money then I did lol. Go ahead n buy them then take pics! Fbodies look wicked with HID's
Old 06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 20SS07
You dont need a relay harness for a 9006 bulb which is what the LS1 Camaro uses. They plug right into the factory wiring harness. Maybe you need it with cheap kits but not a quality one, most kits say they have some type of regulator in them but alot dont or if they do its very cheap and hardly works. You buy a kit with ballast that digitally controls the power and you will never need a relay harness for a Camaro. I have been selling HIDs for almost 3 years, i've seen the inside of many different ballasts, not all ballast are the same, they have your cheap ones then they have the nice ones. . (I cant say anything about my company since i'm not a vendor) Sure, people do get lucky and can buy cheap ebay kits and not have a problem for a long time, others will continue to have issues with them. Its a hit or miss really but people think, oh well its only $50-$70 shipped, i'll buy another one if anything happens instead of buying a good quality kit and not having to worry about it, Its just how alot of people think.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine about 2 years ago (low beams and fog replacements). Went with a 10000K kit...no problems.

If you go on eBay (where I did), just make sure that they have a good warranty program (at least 1 year...just in case), the seller deals with a lot of HID kits, and the seller has a very good rating.

driver side ballast location
Old 06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

can you find there website again??

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
Got mine about 2 years ago (low beams and fog replacements). Went with a 10000K kit...no problems.

If you go on eBay (where I did), just make sure that they have a good warranty program (at least 1 year...just in case), the seller deals with a lot of HID kits, and the seller has a very good rating.

driver side ballast location
Old 06-27-2009, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got them off of eBay. Unfortunately, don't remember the seller. All I can suggest to others is to go with a seller with great feedback, who also sells lots of HID kits. You should do well by this. Good luck.

Quick Reply: GOOD set of HIDs