Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 to LS1 front end conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 to LS1 front end conversion

Who knows how to do this, or what all parts are needed in order to complete this conversion, please let me know. I have all the new body parts, 2002 : hood, fenders, and bumper, I know I need the bumper reinforcement, the headlights and foglights, and new turn signals, what other brackets, and accessories am I going to need, your help is appreciated.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ultimateperformance1
Who knows how to do this, or what all parts are needed in order to complete this conversion, please let me know. I have all the new body parts, 2002 : hood, fenders, and bumper, I know I need the bumper reinforcement, the headlights and foglights, and new turn signals, what other brackets, and accessories am I going to need, your help is appreciated.
I only know how to buy an LS1, people are gonna say "i just beat a LS1, my car is fast!"
just kidding, it probably won't be too hard to do.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've done the conversion. You will NOT need new turn signals, they are the same. You will also need all the brakets for the headlights/foglights, and a 2 brakets for the fenders. You'll also need a new front bumber brace that connects to the radiator support, and Hood Hinges. To the naked eye they look exactly the same as LT1 hinges, but they sit 1 inch lower. You will run into a few problems, the radiator sits higher on the LT1, and the rubber hoodstop mounts will need to be replaced with LS1 braket mounts and welded if you want to use them. I also got the LS1 airbox to work but it is a lot of work for little gain. Go to the appearance section od the CZ28 forums and run a search and you will find all the info you need, including part numbers. You can reuse the plastic guards under the nose also.

Quick Reply: LT1 to LS1 front end conversion