Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Off the shelf wax(black cars)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Off the shelf wax(black cars)

Start with a little history .... had an issue few months ago and had to get my driver door replaced. Naturally the paints never match up great and plus i think my car had some over spray on it so I took it to a buddy of mine and he detailed it the car for me kind of to get a fresh start. At the same time a buddy of mine gave me a bottle of ICE wax by turtle wax... so what the hey ill try it..Not a bad product easily the easiest wax to apply and remove i had ever used. Used that a couple of times car looked great but noticed a couple of swirl marks that i didn't like so decided to invest in a color was...I use to use the plain ole color wax by TURTLE WAX so I go to the store to see if they have it and I find the BLACK BOX. Fast forward a week or two till today so i decide why not run to the store pick up the BLACK BOX. I quick detailed the car in the am so car was already clean. I start the process "Pre cleaner" not so bad... doesnt do a whole lot for the heavy scratches but car is looking somewhat better. I go to the carnuba wax they provide. truthfully the hardest wax i have ever had to remove. this stuff dries almost instantly and by the way the car is under shade not in any direct sunlight. The detailer they provide is an almost must to get this wax off. I wax the whole car it looks great but truthfully about the same as when i had it detailed. Also by the way i have been a Mcguires person for years all i used before. In closing in my opinion for everyone most wax is probably close to the same depends on your canvas you start with. My car looked great before and looks equivelantly so afterward. The black box a good bit of work well worth it if your starting in bad shape. ( I was not) ICE wax good if your in a hurry like at a car show or going to a cruise after work. But for me Ill go back to Mcguires once i finnish of the black box which was $20 not expensive for what your getting. If i helped anyone out looking at Local auto parts store brand wax then my job here is done good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Off the shelf wax(black cars)-img00097.jpg  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used mother carnuba wax on my black car. my father is big into detailing and he loves that wax.

i just bought the car pretty cheap and the previous owner didnt bother to clean it before he sold it, but after a good wash and wax i got it pretty clean but know i have to figure out what to do with the wheels
Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Banned

I have owned 3 black painted vehicles so I feel your pain on getting panels painted and getting them to match up. If your looking for an easy to use product to remove swirls, webbing and minor paint defects pick up a bottle of our Black Beauty.

It will massage out even stubborn waterspots while also removing the light webbing scratches (fine lines in every direction you see in the sun) and leave the finish with a slick wet look. Click the picture below to read up on it.

Follow up with our Micro Seal 2000 Synthetic Paint Sealant to seal down the shine and your all set. Click the picture below to see this products info page.

This combination will net you the best results over the store bought items. The Micro Seal Synthetic wax is superior to carnauba and will give you twice the protection life and best of all its easier to apply.

Joe
Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've used the regular ole colored turtle wax black and it worked AWESOME. Someone on here raved about the black box.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z06_joe
I have owned 3 black painted vehicles so I feel your pain on getting panels painted and getting them to match up. If your looking for an easy to use product to remove swirls, webbing and minor paint defects pick up a bottle of our Black Beauty.

It will massage out even stubborn waterspots while also removing the light webbing scratches (fine lines in every direction you see in the sun) and leave the finish with a slick wet look. Click the picture below to read up on it.

Follow up with our Micro Seal 2000 Synthetic Paint Sealant to seal down the shine and your all set. Click the picture below to see this products info page.

This combination will net you the best results over the store bought items. The Micro Seal Synthetic wax is superior to carnauba and will give you twice the protection life and best of all its easier to apply.

Joe

Hey Joe-

How does this stuff do in the Arizona summers. I hardly bother doing my customer's cars with carnuba wax in the summer anymore. The sun just kills it.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bracketracerZ28
Hey Joe-

How does this stuff do in the Arizona summers. I hardly bother doing my customer's cars with carnuba wax in the summer anymore. The sun just kills it.
This 2 step process will outlast any carnauba wax period. Carnauba wax does have great UV protection but it falls short on how long it will protect the vehicles finish.

Carnauba wax comes from the carnauba tree. It is a natural product. Synthetic Paint Sealants are engineered simply to last longer and protect better then their natural counterparts.

Think of the oil industry, Synthetic oil always outlasts natural motor oil. The same falls true for the wax and paint sealant industry.

As far as using this in the Arizona heat I think you will be just fine my friend, we have even been able to remove the Micro Seal in direct sunlight if done one panel at a time. Dont forget we're in the sunshine state. We too know heat.

Joe
Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i usually use mcguires NXT. but it looks ill be trying the stuff from detailsupply. putting in an order now.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Launching!

I love the black box. I used it on my Z and my F150, they both look brand new again. My suggestion about the wax being hard to get off. Dont do it on a real hot or humid day. I ran into that when I did my bros TA. Also dont let it sit for a long time I do a fender and then within 1 min I am taking it off. I also dont do alot at a time. It takes me 2 hrs to do the prosess. The detail spary is amazing just to use after you finish the car.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

I want to try the black box. I use NXT and it looks great, but it doesn't last a month before needing a re-application.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Joe, is black beauty like a finishing polish? and is it better to apply by hand or machine?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ben77
Hey Joe, is black beauty like a finishing polish? and is it better to apply by hand or machine?
The Black Beauty is used as a finishing glaze/polish but it must be topcoated with a wax or paint sealant as there is no wax in the formula.

The Black Beauty can be applied by hand but I would use either foam or microfiber applicators. It can also be applied by a machine such as a random orbital or high speed if you are comfortable doing so. We recommend our HEX pads as they keep the surface cool and really work the product into the paint all while helping to remove surface imperfections and or swirls.

Click the pic below to check out the HEX Pads.

If your looking to pick up a kit with several different pads click the picture below. It also comes with a free backing plate.

These 8" self centering foam buff pads are for the professional who demands perfection. The HEX design allows these pads to follow the extreme contours of todays vehicles all while keeping the surface cool and swirl free. Easy to use even for the inexperienced detailer as the HEX pad will not walk on the surface or skip around which was common on solid faced buff pads. The self centering ring design allows for quick and easy pad changes with perfect centering everytime.

Close up of the centering ring:

Close up of the pad surface:

Last edited by z06_joe; 07-21-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

I actually did a small section at a time No more than a fender or top half of the door. It was humid but the car was under a canopy to keep the sun off. I took a few breaks in between. I must admit I have gotten more compliments since using it than before. Im probably finish off the box and see if it gets better. I know before with the cheap black wax it got alot better with more coats.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Before I purchased a PC, Zymol did a really good job at filling in the swirls and shining it up.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

NUFinish.... Orange Bottle..... Walmart has it...... Go's on easy and comes off easy and works GREAT!!!

Been showing and taking Buick Grand Nationals to shows since 1987 and as far as off the shelf under $8 a bottle it cannot be touched!!!!

Damn I hope I didnt let me secret outta the bag.

Quick Reply: Off the shelf wax(black cars)