Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Installation advice on 35th anniversary stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation advice on 35th anniversary stripes

Hey, I planned on installing 35th anniversary stripes on my car, I would like to know if their are any tips for installing them. Also if there is a website available for the installation manual so I can read it before they come. Thank you for your time.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RustyDurden
Hey, I planned on installing 35th anniversary stripes on my car, I would like to know if their are any tips for installing them. Also if there is a website available for the installation manual so I can read it before they come. Thank you for your time.
I have done several stripes on different cars. The biggest thing is that you have a clean surface (don't do this in any kind of wind and you have to keep the dirt off of the car and the vinyl) and you keep the vinyl and the surface wet all of the time. Most importantly, don't rush this!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

youtube! there are some great guides on there. the vids are a lot better than just reading will do. spending a half hour watching different techniques and i'm sure you will find a way you are comfortable with.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Launching!

For the $100 installation fee I was quoted by the shop that installs the decals and pinstripping at the local Chevrolet dealer, I would rather have them done professionally by someone who does this on a daily basis than possibly screwing them up myself.
Check with your local Chevy dealer..............
Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

I got mine done at a local vendor for pretty cheap dont remeber the price excatly it was over a year ago but check around at local shops the dealerships will always overcharge you

Quick Reply: Installation advice on 35th anniversary stripes