Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Z 28 Glass/composite hood? Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z 28 Glass/composite hood? Please Help!

I currently have a ASCD SS style hood and I want to get a fiberglass or other lightweight hood that looks like a regular Z-28/RS (non SS) hood. I want to go into sleeper status. I want my car to look like a six cylinder RS.....Is there ayone who makes such a hood?

Thanks,
Bart
Old 11-25-2003, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt
Im interested in knowing this as well

Mind going into some depth on the details of your sleeper project?
If I was gonna go that route, I would use the single pipe V6 muffler (and Euro Z28s) with an electric cutout. Definitely have the steel wheels and hubcaps....painted roof/mirrors.....damn, makes me want a sleeper now
Old 11-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Launching!

I believe vfn has a fiberglass stock z hood. Use the sponsor links to the right!
Old 11-25-2003, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

would you be interested in a trade? My Z hood for your SS hood. Of course there may be some $ involved on my part.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

look at VFN ----->
they have the stock styled Z28 hood and its cheap and lightweight.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onyxxtreme
ttt
Im interested in knowing this as well

Mind going into some depth on the details of your sleeper project?
If I was gonna go that route, I would use the single pipe V6 muffler (and Euro Z28s) with an electric cutout. Definitely have the steel wheels and hubcaps....painted roof/mirrors.....damn, makes me want a sleeper now
onyxxtreme :
Here is my plan. My car currently has a single outlet 4 inch exhaust from Lane's. It is well hidden and no one ever notices. I still have my factory Z-28 wheels so I will run them. I need to get a Z-28 style spoiler since mine is long gone. I will remove all badging and have no outward cues that the car is a V-8. My car does have the painted roof and mirrors (the 99 Z28's have painted mirrors.) I need to get a 12 bolt since the rest of the rear suspension is finished. My car currently weighs 3160 with a half tank and full interior and this was before the typical weight removal.
I will also need a BMR tubular K-Member and loose the front sway bar. The cam will be the tricky part. I need small nitrous cam. Something that will not alert the local ricers. The car is not too loud and I can get my cars weight down to around 3000 even if I nit pick and I weigh 190 so that is a decent raceweight. Cam and traction are where I see the potential problems. I need to get this bastard to hook and not sound obnoxious.

02blackZ
I already have a metal Z-28 hood that came on the car, I need a glass replacement. Sorry dude.

And thanks all for the tip on VFN

Later,
Bart

Quick Reply: Z 28 Glass/composite hood? Please Help!