Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How do you get leaf stains off a white car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you get leaf stains off a white car?

The leaves from our trees leave a nasty looking stain behind. A brownish color. They wont just wash off either. The only way I have found to get them off is to buff the spots with 3M finesse it II compound and thats just too much work to be doing all the time. I was wondering if anyone knows a good, easy way to get them off. Maybe some kind of car wash that wont harm the finish. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
The leaves from our trees leave a nasty looking stain behind. A brownish color. They wont just wash off either. The only way I have found to get them off is to buff the spots with 3M finesse it II compound and thats just too much work to be doing all the time. I was wondering if anyone knows a good, easy way to get them off. Maybe some kind of car wash that wont harm the finish. Thanks.

so the leaves are just falling on the car and leaving a stain, or is it sap? Any pics? If you have a great coat of wax on your car, I wouldn't think you should get a stain.....need more info
Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Crap, I just got all the stains off. It took me a while. It will be a few days before I can get pics of it since I have to wait on more stains. It only really happens around this time of year. Its definitely not sap. Its the exact same color as tea. This is our daily driver car. It hasnt long been repainted but I havent waxed it.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

Crap, I just got all the stains off. It took me a while. It will be a few days before I can get pics of it since I have to wait on more stains. It only really happens around this time of year. Its definitely not sap. Its the exact same color as tea. This is our daily driver car. It hasnt long been repainted but I havent waxed it.
sounds like you don't have any wax on the car at all. should be the only reason it would stain the clear
Old 09-29-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Wax will probably help alot. Its actually single stage paint. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Wax will probably help alot. Its actually single stage paint. Thanks.
Single stage without clear? If so, yeah a lot of crap can get on the paint without regular maintenance

Quick Reply: How do you get leaf stains off a white car?