Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Camaro Splitter...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2010 Camaro Splitter...

So, we finally got all the bugs worked out of our prototype today. We had this thing designed back in August but just now got a day to rework the mounting situation.

Basically, we wanted to be able to mount it using ALL FACTORY mounting holes. In other words, no drilling into you $40,000 car's bumper.

There's plenty of holes on the back where the air dam lip is but only two towards the front.

We bolted it on we the design we had. It is fine at 60mph but around 80mph it flexed (80mph seems to be the magic number, the Kircher GTO splitter is known to cause bad vibration there, something I solved in our GTO splitter design).

So, we pulled it back on the lift and started brain storming. Most other companies would just want to add the splitter support bars seen here...

I personally have never been a fan of those rods on street cars and they were out of the question anyways since it was back to requiring drilling on the bumper.

We also noticed the factory bumper is not even mounted very strongly and some GFX front pieces looked like they caused stress on the thin urethane already.

SO, we decided to add two diffusers to the bottom of our splitter that simply bolted to the frame rails. This way they support the splitter but FROM UNDERNEATH (unseen). support the bumper better since it is a solid mounting spot AND it is still all bolt on while making the splitter work even better.

The finished PROTOTYPE is in the below pics and video. Production pieces will use powdercoated black diffuser bars and the two center spacers you see between the splitter and the bumper...

Here's shots from underneath so you can see how well it is now supported (the diffusers are steel and act as a gusset)...

This thing just looks MEAN...

Finally here's the video...

We will be offering it in ABS for $400 (more than our other splitters due to the diffusers) and REAL Carbon Fiber for $700.

Pricing is tentative until Friday, might go up OR DOWN a little but that is the ball park... Just thought I'd share!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Banned

Our design/shape inspiration simply came from Bumblebee (but I HATE bulky lips, I like clean, race inspired looking pieces, not added ground effects, just my personal taste)...

However, we can EASILY offer them with the nose/tip "pushed in" like the ZR1...

or change the shape completely like this for example...

They can be custom made with whatever shape you want for only $50 more in ABS or $100 more in CF. Get 6 or more people who want the same design and we'll wave the change fee.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The splitter really did look **** in person!! I was skeptical, but i liked the finished procuct......and Mark is STILL the world's WORST photographer. Even in the day time.

Oh, and that 2010 also has the 6LE exhaust on it. Sounds nice and throaty in person...

Oh, and the stock air dam can also be replaced if wanted....to cover up the new bolts.

Last edited by Sommer86; 10-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Banned

True, I forgot to mention the stock air dam can still be put back on...
Old 10-31-2009, 03:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good but imo (which probably doesnt matter) i like the carbon fiber lips that go right up on the bumper I wish you made something like that
Old 10-31-2009, 04:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1994formulalt1
looks good but imo (which probably doesnt matter) i like the carbon fiber lips that go right up on the bumper I wish you made something like that
Other people make stuff like that already though...
Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you just had to post of the vette picture

here's one I photoshopped back in the day. Added a custom carbon fiber hood, roof scoop, wing, neons, and ultra special type R badges

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro Splitter...