Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash Pad

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dash Pad

After my first dash pad developed a nice long crack on the passenger side, I broke down after trying to fix and "wrap" it and just ordered a new one from GM (3 years ago when they were $100 - not cheap). I applied cleaner and conditioner regularly (with UV protectant) to try to prevent it from cracking. Now, I noticed the "texture" in a few areas is literally coming off - black plastic flakes. It's not as bad as a crack, but still looks bad. They've gone up in price now since they are supposedly discontinued. Has anyone had this texture coming apart issue and a fix? These dash pads really suck! Thanks!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how come you gave up covering it?

how much are they going for now...?

mines cracked to **** as well
Old 10-31-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

Mine too, a long one over the gauge cluster and 2 smaller ones by the winshield defrost vent
Old 10-31-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

i guess ill join the club too, big crack near the pass airbag. ive been thinking about trying to fix it somehow, but i think it will end up cracking again. and the replacements that ive seen are way too expensive.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

sun shade ftw?

mine was cracked when i bought the car. i replaced it with one out of a 01 ss lol. got a sunshade and no problems since.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

When covering the first one, the glue would lose its adhesive qualities and bubble. The current dash pad is 3 1/2 years old and hasn't been exposed to a lot of sun - no cracks just pealing. I got it for $100 plus shipping back then - now they are $168 plus shipping. Hopefully there will be an aftermarket option available at some point - that would be nice.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

After doing some searching, I found this company that makes plastic "vacuum molded" covers that adhere over the factory piece with silicone. I read a review on the Nissan forums, and it seemed to go well. I think I'm going to give this a shot in the next month and will post how it went.

http://www.coverlaymfg.com/store.php...er--18-702-531

Quick Reply: Dash Pad