Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Sunoco hood stripes

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sunoco hood stripes

Every time I say I'm done with appearance mods I find something else to do, but I guess that's how it goes. Anyway decided I want some stripes for the sunoco hood. I know I'm going to have the 346 CI on there because I love that look on the Dick Harrell cars.

Now my question is what color to get. On the GMMG website it says the cars came with carbon fiber stripes. Its hard to get a good close up look of them on their website, they almost look flat black to me. So I can't decide if I want to go with flat black, carbon fiber, or other....

Thoughts? Opinions? Up close pics of Dick Harrell cars?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Buy the vinyls for $30 and decide before you paint.

/thread
Old 11-06-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

check the first 2 pages of the appearance section. theres a thread dedicated to pics of DH cars with plenty of close-ups.

i think your color choice depends on what else you plan to do to the car, if anything. looking at the car right now, i think a gloss black would look pretty good. i only seem to like flat black stripes on black cars, it just has a mean look.

the black would really look good with additional things like doing the whistler mod or some black halos, some different corners, black or clear, maybe an SLP grill with bowtie painted to match car.

or i think some silver stripes could really look good too. maybe do some clear halos or just keep stock headlights, get some clear corners, and it'll all fit with the rims.

my MAIN point: dont just think about the color of the stripes, think about the overall look you plan for your car, so it all fits together.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

I've been doing a lot of searching and found this.

Still undecided, the Berger cars can pull this look off, not sure if it would look like rice on my car or not. Or somebody could just give me $101,586 for me to buy this car since it's for sale. Then I wouldn't have to worry about any more appearance mods. My cars not the exact color but you get the idea.

http://www.bergerchevy.com/VehicleDetails/526789893
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that would look good on your car. But really, I think the bulk of people wouldn't really notice the print, so it really just gives the effect of a solid color

Quick Reply: Sunoco hood stripes