Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has anyone installed billitt grille over stock grill on there Camaro??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone installed billitt grille over stock grill on there Camaro??

I just bought a billitt grillefor myy 99 camaro SS and do not want to paint behind stock grill or remove the stock grille it's already a black grille and don't need to paint anything just screw it right in I think? My question is has anyone done that and do you have pics? I don't feel like almost ripping the bumper off or removing the bumper to remove the stock grill it's getting cold here in Chicago and I'm afraid it might crack the paint. I've searched and only found Bitviper doing of this but no pic.Any input would be great. Thanks any close up pics would be great.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Why do that? It's not that hard to remove the stock plastic, tape off and paint black. Took me maybe 20 minutes. You can cut the tabs that hold the stock plastic on.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

yea i did that with the first grill i bought. i dont have a lot of pics to really show anything, but heres a couple shots of it. i drilled some holes into the stock grill and just used some wire to hold it up. looked great.

if you get one of the more popular grilles, with the bigger openings, im pretty sure those do just screw right in. but since they're so small on this one i couldnt use screws or anything really.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
yea i did that with the first grill i bought. i dont have a lot of pics to really show anything, but heres a couple shots of it. i drilled some holes into the stock grill and just used some wire to hold it up. looked great.

if you get one of the more popular grilles, with the bigger openings, im pretty sure those do just screw right in. but since they're so small on this one i couldnt use screws or anything really.

Thanks thats exactly what I wanted to see thanks for the pic.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird

That is the first billet grill that imho looks anywhere near decent. Who sells that one?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Ugh, sticks out way too far.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ColossalCamaro
If he had not mentioned he installed the grill over the stock you would not have noticed. I think it looks fine. Keep em coming guys???
Old 11-23-2009, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naperws6
If he had not mentioned he installed the grill over the stock you would not have noticed. I think it looks fine. Keep em coming guys???
Exactly right dude. Who is gonna know? it actually doesn't look like it sticks out at all IMO. Looks good!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That grille does look good....Like a catfish with braces
Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah heaven forbid the grill is closer to flush with the opening it's in.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of doing the same, but that pic makes me think of

or
Old 11-24-2009, 03:41 AM
12 Second Club

I would not put the billet grille outside the stock insert.. It makes the grill to stay realy far out. This is how mine sits. I would personaly have it even further in.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by naperws6
Thanks thats exactly what I wanted to see thanks for the pic.
not a problem. glad to help

Originally Posted by kain01
That is the first billet grill that imho looks anywhere near decent. Who sells that one?
why thank you. the grill is made by Mr Grille:http://mrgrille.com/MrGrille-VehiclesPage.html
- a link to the grill on their site- http://mrgrille.com/MrGrille-Chevy-C...8-02-Page.html
- a link to the only one on ebay- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bille...Q5fAccessories

like phantomzer0 and naperws6 said, this is not something you'd notice unless you're in a thread specifically forcing you to look at it.

Originally Posted by The Crazy Sweed
I would not put the billet grille outside the stock insert.. It makes the grill to stay realy far out. This is how mine sits. I would personaly have it even further in.
i understand the idea of having a more recessed grill and all (if it is really noticeable- like DH cars), but c'mon, your grill sits in like 1-2 centimters more- and thats only at the top of it, cause the bottom of yours sits out as far as mine did. no body will ever notice the difference.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed billitt grille over stock grill on there Camaro??