Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just got a chevy bowtie grill but don't want to use the supplied bowtie... Options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Just got a chevy bowtie grill but don't want to use the supplied bowtie... Options?

I just got an SLP bowtie grill but don't want to use the supplied bowtie. It would clash terribly with the color on the car. Car is MMM. Do I have any other options. Polished aluminum would look great I think.

Do you guys know of any other options?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not paint it the color of your car, or silver? There are no direct replacements for that grill that I know of. I have seen some nice custom, painted bowtie grills that look great too, hopefully someone will post theirs up.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^yea you can paint it any color you want. i have an all black car and didnt want the red bowtie either, didnt feel it would fit the front end. so i painted mine silver to give it a nice clean look that would flow with my lights and everything. and i've seen plenty of people paint the bowtie to match their cars, which is what i'd do if my car were anything but black.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Have emblempros make you a custom badge for it
Old 11-26-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^yea you can paint it any color you want. i have an all black car and didnt want the red bowtie either, didnt feel it would fit the front end. so i painted mine silver to give it a nice clean look that would flow with my lights and everything. and i've seen plenty of people paint the bowtie to match their cars, which is what i'd do if my car were anything but black.
Great idea. Next question though. Can you buy replacement emblems from SLP? Long story short, mine got screwed up...
Old 11-26-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call slp ..they will give you a part number that u can take to ur nearest chevy dealer.. and they will be able to get you a replacement..
Old 11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Great idea. Next question though. Can you buy replacement emblems from SLP? Long story short, mine got screwed up...
not sure, try contacting them. if anything, check with emblempros.com and they may be able to make another one for you. you may be able to send the messed up one you have to them so they can make a replica one in the same size. they seem to be really open to different requests, so i wouldnt count them out as an option if its too hard to get your hands on an actual one from SLP.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to mention that the emblem is probably some outrageous price from SLP.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
not sure, try contacting them. if anything, check with emblempros.com and they may be able to make another one for you. you may be able to send the messed up one you have to them so they can make a replica one in the same size. they seem to be really open to different requests, so i wouldnt count them out as an option if its too hard to get your hands on an actual one from SLP.
Yeah, I contacted DragonZ last night. I want to just have him make me up a black acrylic one. Should be simple enough I would assume...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Yeah, I contacted DragonZ last night. I want to just have him make me up a black acrylic one. Should be simple enough I would assume...
I just answered your PM.

thanks, Roger
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can get the bowtie emblem off eBay for around 20 bucks, it is the exact same one that came on the 93-97 Camaro. Just go to eBay and type in "93-97 camaro bowtie" and it should come up. Make sure it is the big one for the front with a slight bend in the middle and not the small one for the rear finish or Berger panel. You can paint it any color, just make sure to sand off the old paint or the new paint will eventually chip off. I did mine in ZR1 Blue to go along with my brake calipers and custom ZR1 style LS1 emblem from www.emblempros.com . If you decide to go with a stainless one from them I'm sure you will not be disappointed, they do awesome work!

Last edited by Blk98ls1; 11-28-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Just got a chevy bowtie grill but don't want to use the supplied bowtie... Options?