Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where to put barcode..?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Where to put barcode..?

For a gated neighborhood, that is. I have to put a barcode on the car to get in the neighborhood, and im not sure the best place to put it. It has to be on the passenger side. I wanted to see if anyone else has one on their car and see where to best place to put it, so that it doesn't look too bad would be.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

How big is the barcode? A friend of mine put theirs in the passenger window near the corner
Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Its a little bigger than an ID
Old 12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

id put it on the passenger bottom of the windshield if your allowed to do that, kinda like an inspection sticker but on the opposite side
Old 12-07-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have to have my village sticker on the passenger of the windshield, I dont like having stickers on my window but you get use to it.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They wanted me to put that crap on my car but they have an exemption for convertibles where you can get it in a plastic sheet and just wave it in front of the scanner (for the back gate) or hold it up so the person at the front gate can see it. no way i was putting that crap on my car. especially since my windows are down most of the time and its actually meant for the top of a back drivers side door window or a quarter window on a coupe. i don't have either of those. you can see the sticker i'm referring to in this pic on my malibu. its bright orange. I rarely ever go in the gate that uses the barcode anyway because i live close to the main gate. at the main gate they have the entrence split into 2 lanes. left lane for visitors (you have to tell them where your going and who you are and they take down your plate no.) and the right lane is for residents and you just stop at a stop sign and they usually wave you through before you get to it if they see the sticker. and my car stands out enough that most of the time before i have even held up the sticker they are waving me through.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 12-07-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

The sticker has to go on the passenger side, and the guard house is on the left , so they can't see the sticker.

I dont think the sticker can be on the windshield, even if it is all the way to the side where an inspection sticker can be. I assume it is going to have to be on the passenger window or the hatch window on the side somewhere.

Its too much of a hassle to always go through the guard part. Sometimes its quick, but other times there might be 10+ people waiting to get in, so not getting the barcode isnt an option.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
The sticker has to go on the passenger side, and the guard house is on the left , so they can't see the sticker.

I dont think the sticker can be on the windshield, even if it is all the way to the side where an inspection sticker can be. I assume it is going to have to be on the passenger window or the hatch window on the side somewhere.

Its too much of a hassle to always go through the guard part. Sometimes its quick, but other times there might be 10+ people waiting to get in, so not getting the barcode isnt an option.
sucks its on the right and not the left. i know the gate i can go through i just have to hold the barcode at the level where the scanner can read it. maybe you can do the same only holding it out the passenger side?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the very far corner of your hatch glass? I have to have a parking permit for campus residents and in the instructions is says bottom left corner of rear window. Well... our windows kinda sweep around the side... so... in an effort to follow campus police rules, I put in in the far left corner. Which... is pretty close to just the left side of the car. If you can maybe fit it there, it's hardly noticeable at all.

Edit.
I'll try and snag a pic of mine to show what I mean.

Quick Reply: Where to put barcode..?