Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

waxing/sealing black paint

Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waxing/sealing black paint

i have a lot of swirl marks in my car. ive searched thru the threads here and was able to pull a lot of information, im just tryin to narrow some of it down. looks like im gonna go with the zaino products for the most part. i was just wondering what products you guys have used for swirl marks on black paint and were happy with the results.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Get yourself a porter cable, with some SIP or meg 105. You will be so happy you spent the money and the results that you will get. I use to just clay and wax my car until I got into detailing a couple of years back. It such a difference once you use a machine, I have detailed quiet a few cars and seeing a persons face when they see their car is awesome. You cant get the same results by hand as you do with using a machine. Im sure with christmas coming up some sponsors will be having sales on products and polishers.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Launching!

ive been tempted to go with the machine, just dont trust myself with it tho. seems like everyone who goes that route says its the only way to go. i'll probly go that way and just practice on my pickup haha. thanks a bunch
Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
ive been tempted to go with the machine, just dont trust myself with it tho. seems like everyone who goes that route says its the only way to go. i'll probly go that way and just practice on my pickup haha. thanks a bunch
A PC will not harm your paint unless you throw the machine at your car.

Once you order a PC and see the final product you'll never look back and you will start going nuts and polish every car you have (like me, I've done my wifes' SUV, my daily driven truck and when my parents come down for the holidays, maybe my dads' truck). Heck, people at my work want me to polish their cars that equals extra change in my wallet for some mods.

Call or e-mail Steve@Tropi-Care he's a sponsor and he'll hook you up.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

i have a lot of swirl marks in my car. ive searched thru the threads here and was able to pull a lot of information, im just tryin to narrow some of it down. looks like im gonna go with the zaino products for the most part. i was just wondering what products you guys have used for swirl marks on black paint and were happy with the results.
A portrer cable, lake country pads hydro-tech(cyan & tangerine) works well with ZPC-fusion. lake country kompressor or ccs pads(orange, white & black) with Meg 105 & 205 or 3m perfect it-II rubbing compound, scratch remover & 39009 glaze for dark paints. I always have a couple bottles of 3m #39009.
Zaino towells!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

I also vote for the PC. I picked one up with no prior experience, practiced on the wife's 2000 Focus with M105 and M205 and am amazed at how easy it it. It takes a lot of time, but I made some horrible-looking paint come out looking brand-spankin-new again, minus the deeper scratches. Just do it, you won't regret it!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SteelCityYaga
A PC will not harm your paint unless you throw the machine at your car.

Once you order a PC and see the final product you'll never look back and you will start going nuts and polish every car you have (like me, I've done my wifes' SUV, my daily driven truck and when my parents come down for the holidays, maybe my dads' truck). Heck, people at my work want me to polish their cars that equals extra change in my wallet for some mods.

Call or e-mail Steve@Tropi-Care he's a sponsor and he'll hook you up.
Yes pc are very easy to work with and like stated above will not hurt your paint. It just takes time to get the results you want but its worth it. PC are get polishers to start with and will get most swirls and scratches out of the paint.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Launching!

thanks for all the info. very good to know the pc wont hurt the paint.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for all the info. very good to know the pc wont hurt the paint.
I've had great results with a PC and have not hurt my paint. This is impressive because I am, in general, an idiot.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Launching!

When using a PC, do you wash your car, dry it, then smack down all those chemicals you guys state and PC over them? Or how exactly does it work?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
When using a PC, do you wash your car, dry it, then smack down all those chemicals you guys state and PC over them? Or how exactly does it work?
Here are the step I used on my corvette and here are my before and after shots.

Pictures

Washing

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
Chemical Guys Grime Reaper (Tires and Wheel Wells)
Chemical Guys Sticky Gel (Wheels and Exhaust Tips)
Sheeting Method
Various Microfiber Towels/Quick Detailer Mothers

Correction Process

Chemical Guys Medium Clay
Menzerna Power Finish/Orange 6inch/Flex
Menzerna Nano Polish/White 5.5inch/PCXP
Chemical Guys Jetseal
Chemical Guys 50/50

Finishing Touches

Meguairs Endurance Tire Gel
Chemical Guys Metal Shine (Exhaust Tips)
Chemical Guys Bare Bones
Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Teching In

You want to take your time when detailing a vehicle with a pc its not a rotary so you can stay longer on a particular section when buffing here is a rookie guide that will help you with the basics of detailing:

http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/

He has a couple of videos on how to correctly polish and break down polish and compounds. Like the guys stated above Meguairs 105 and 205 make a incredible team when detailing moderate to light swirls on cars. 105 is a moderate compound while 205 is a very light compound or slightly aggressive polish. The main thing in detailing is prep work such as striping waxes, claying, and taping.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Teching In

As far as waxing and adding a sealant, that needs to come last in the detailing process. I would use a sealant like Blackfire Paint Sealant, Opti-Seal, or Chemical Guy's Jetseal. You want to apply a sealant before adding a wax. As far as waxes go you can apply just about any wax my favorite are Meguiars NXT 2.0, Chemical Guys 50/50, or Chemical Guys Petes 52.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Launching!

for more info than you would ever care to read, check out autopia.org
Steve @ tropi-care is also a good guy to give a call to, they usually run specials on PC's, especially around christmas time.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Launching!

great info. cant wait to get a pc and start tryin the products out!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Adam1982
for more info than you would ever care to read, check out autopia.org
Steve @ tropi-care is also a good guy to give a call to, they usually run specials on PC's, especially around christmas time.
Plus one on Autopia.org, Ive put many of hours researching and studying on there, great place to learn.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=SteelCityYaga;12594317]A PC will not harm your paint unless you throw the machine at your car.

hahahaha so true

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: waxing/sealing black paint