Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID low + Fog = burnt acc fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID low + Fog = burnt acc fuse?

So I started to see a bunch of people here swapping out there low beam and fog lights for HID's on the stock alternator. I currently have HID low beams installed, but when I put the fogs in htere too I kept burning my Accessories fuse out. Any ideas or maybe just a bad alt?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy just bought some projector headlights for is 04 Roush and they came with a piece of paper that said not to put HID's in the projector modules. Idk if this has anything to do with that, thought it might help, I will be checking back to this thread to see what others say because I do want to put them in my fogs!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been running 10000K HID for lows and fogs for almost 2 years on stock alternator and no problems. Lows were a direct swap for the stockers. For my fogs, I chose to replace the stockers with a pair of Hella Micro DEs. Again, no problems at all. Make sure that your fog's ballasts/ignitors are plugged in correctly. Could be reversed.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Check your connections. Make sure the ballasts are not shorting out. Another thing I recommend is to get a relay harness for both kits you are running. This way the lights get the proper power from the battery insead of using the factory wiring to power them.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I mentioned b4 I am running mine with the stock wiring and they flicker when I first fire it up but then work fine. Check the ballasts.

Quick Reply: HID low + Fog = burnt acc fuse?