Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

wiring gauges, need advice

Old 12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiring gauges, need advice

I've got a fuel pressure and coolant temp gauge i'm wiring up, along with an Innovate DB gauge, but i can't figure out how i want to run the wires for my Autometer gauges. I searched, but could only find threads dealing with what wires go where, not how to run them.

How are you guys getting the wires from the sending units into the car? I can't find a place to drill a hole in the firewall that i like and am not seeing too many other ways of accomplishing my goal. Any pics you could post woud be helpful...Thanks.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was in the same boat as you for my WB. I decided not to drill, and instead run it up where the opening for the shifter is. You don't see any wires that way, plus it's extremely close to my WBO2.

I ran the rest of the wires into the car behind the PCM.

Hope this gives you some new ideas!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

That was what I was thinking. I already ran my fuel pump relay hot wire through the shift boot. The only thing is I'll have to do some cutting and splicing that way for the gauges because the harnesses are only 8' long and won't make it all the way back to the gauges...oh well....looks like that's what I'll have to do.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Junkie

there is a grommet that goes through the firewall on the passenger side under the pcm and I believe there is one on the driver side as well
Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

i'll probably do it that way and just cut/splice where i need to...

Also, while we're on the subject of wiring, tell me what you all think of how i'm running my power and ground setup:

I bought two of these:

They will be mounted on the floor/firewall behind the clutch pedal. I've ran a wire from the empty IGN slot in the fuse panel (12v switched) to one terminal strip and will run a ground wire from the back of the motor to the other strip. My 2 Autometer guauges (and maybe one or two other small devices) will get power/ground from these. is that good enough? I plan on grounding my LC-1 directly to the back of the engine on a different lug than the terminal strip's ground.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a rubber grommet where the hood release cable goes through on the drivers side. just follow the the cable from the latch inside the car. makes it a little closer for a-pillar pods.

Search this Thread