Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing power lumbar motors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing power lumbar motors?

I decided to put my car on a diet over winter, and strip out as much as I can before race season starts up again. I pulled most of the interior out last night to pull up the carpet and sound deadening, and while I had the seats out, I was wondering if I can pull the motors out of them? I've got the inflatable lumbar, and both still work, but I never use them, and it just seems like dead weight. Is there any way to remove everything without completely destroying the seats? Race seats are next on the list, but for now, I need to stock seats to be able to be put back in place.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They should just unscrew from the bottom then detach the hoses. You plan on selling them? My pump/motor for the lumbar went out and I have been looking for a replacement but no such luck
Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

I was thinking of keeping them, in case I ever put the car back to stock (although - that's not very likely!). I hadnt considered selling them, and I would have no idea what they'd be worth. If you're interested, PM me, maybe we can work something out?

It looked like the lines went right up into the back of the seat, do I just snip those, or will they pull out easily?

Quick Reply: Removing power lumbar motors?