Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are clear (white) halo fog lights legal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Are clear (white) halo fog lights legal?

I am thinking about replacing my stock fog lights with clear halos. I did some searching but didnt come up with much. Is this legal? I know blue and red are illegal but BMW's have white. I am not worried about inspection, just getting pulled over by the cops.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be fine.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah blue and red are the main colors not to mess with. as well as random colors like purple and green. you wont have any problems with white
Old 01-01-2010, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll be fine if they are white. Blue and red are pushing it in case you run into a bitchy cop.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, it looks like I will be buying a set then. Does anyone know a good place to buy them? They have kits on ebay but they are probaly cheap.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Default Yes!

I am usure of other states. But coming from a friend of mine's father who is a Harford County Sherriff... "Halo lights are legal in Maryland as long as they are WHITE and DOT certified." They can not be red, blue, yellow, orange or green. If you do not buy the conversion kit in order to have a cut off line for the lights, they will shine in windows of other drivers and this is ILLEGAL. But Halo lights themselves as long as they are purchased with a conversion kit, have a clean cut off line below other drivers windows and are white, they ARE LEGAL in the state of Maryland. I searched all over the internet to find this answer and did not find anything. So I resorted to asking someone who knows a cop personally and this is what he himself told me. Therefore, I can spend $300 on my new lights and not have to worry about someone making me take them off!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM

As far as where to get them, I will be purchasing mine from www.jmautoracing.com
Old 12-05-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

DDMTuning.com is a great place to buy an HID kit for our f-body's. Great pricing too.

Ive got a friend using 10000k HID's (very blue color) on his Silverado. Says he's never had a problem with any cops about the lights, only has problems passing inspections at certain places because of the lights. Another friend just got himself 12000k (Purple) HIDs for his mustang. I havent heard about him being pulled over for them either. Not to mention alot of cars/trucks i see driving around with atleast 8000k bulbs (starting of the blue color) & higher.

I will say this, ive seen 2 trucks driving around with what looks like "red" bulbs in there turn signals for months now. When i see them coming, that isnt a "orange" color, it really comes off red and i dont think the cops have done **** to them. I guess it just depends on whether the cops are going to be after you for everything or for bigger reasons then that.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Badguy7
I will say this, ive seen 2 trucks driving around with what looks like "red" bulbs in there turn signals for months now. When i see them coming, that isnt a "orange" color, it really comes off red and i dont think the cops have done **** to them. I guess it just depends on whether the cops are going to be after you for everything or for bigger reasons then that.

I've been running red led signals and driving lights up front for over a year now and have never had any issues with cops. I also have 10,000K HID's in my truck, never had an issue either. Only light-related thing I've been pulled over for was blue led driving lights back in my younger foolish days.

OP - You wont have any issues with white halo's, they're perfectly legal. If you're absolutely paranoid about them for whatever reason it would be easy enough to wire up a little switch for them anyways
Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Default HALO Headlights

Does anyone know if these are LEGAL in maryland? ORACLE Dodge 11-14 Charger PLASMA WHITE Angel Eyes Demon HALO Light Bulbs Kit
I've called DMV and no one seems to know anything.

Quick Reply: Are clear (white) halo fog lights legal?