Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

some current pictures of my TRANS AM. lots of pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default some current pictures of my TRANS AM. lots of pics.

I've got a million pictures saved on the computer of the car as it has continued to progress over the months, since getting it at the end of August. so i figured i might as well post some of them up.
these pictures were taken in the past couple days, so they are the most up to date ones i have.

--odd story. while out taking these pictures at the location most of them are in, i had some guy get out of his car and start snapping away pics of my car. he had a beautiful Camera, my jaw pretty much hit the ground when i saw it. i started talking to him, and it turned out, he was a photographer for the local paper/news. he was at the location (at the top of the bridge in benicia, ca) i was at to get some pics of the foggy day for the weather section of the paper and the local news. we talked quite a bit about photography, as well as my car, and then he took down some of my info, and told me to check out the paper the next day. so i did. it wasn't a big/good story, it was actually pretty random (definitely a slow news day), but it was nice to see myself and Krimson in the news paper. check the last pic. --notice the last line of the article, see if you can guess what forum he's talking about

I've been wanting to get some pics of a street with just the glow of the lights streaking through the photo. so i finally found a good spot for it. while i was out getting those shots, i took a couple of the car with the freeway as the backdrop. i had the shutter speed set to 8 secs.

this was another little experiment i did yesterday. i had the exposure set to 16 secs. and after about the first 5 seconds had passed i slowly drove away. Im not a huge fan of this picture, mainly because of the location and all, but i like the effect. i'll try it again somewhere else

Alcatraz Island, San Francisco in the mist in the background

The Golden Gate Bridge in the back

and the little article

Last edited by crimson_bird; 01-10-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good, nice pics
Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha that's funny man. nice pics and sweet ride. btw, your last name has a lot of vowels
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Launching!

car looks sick,i want a T/A so bad
Old 01-10-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty awesome on the newspaper line!! Nice ride
Old 01-10-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great looking pics and nice news story lol
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 AM

I can't help it, I'm an *** man, the rear looks sweet as hell!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice pics, that TA is super clean.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bad *** picks man, car looks amazing
Old 01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good, I thought you had a splitter on there? Mind if I ask why you are thinking of selling?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that car is fkn hot...damn nice attention to detaiL!!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks everybody.

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
Looks good, I thought you had a splitter on there? Mind if I ask why you are thinking of selling?
the splitter WILL be going back on. i miss it. i just gotta go get a couple new screws that are a little bit longer than it came with. i had it set it as low as possible, cause i dont really like how it look when people have it tightened all the wat up. unfortunately one day on the freeway a couple of the screws came loose, i started hearing a flapping sound against the car and pulled over to check it. i had a tool kit in the car, so i removed it right there on the freeway so i didnt damage it, so its still in perfect shape, just waiting to go back on.

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
the only reason i'm going to be selling it is that i have 2 cars, and i dont need two cars.
-i could sell the camaro since its a v6, and now after having a v8, i cant go back to just that. BUT, i love the camaro, and that was my first car that i got like 4 years ago, and camaros run in the family, mom ('78), dad ('73 and some other year. i forget), brother ('95), we've all had atleast one, and i'm actually restoring my moms '78 Z28 now, which she bought brand new all those years ago. so i still want a camaro. (sentimental value) plus i slightly like the way it looks better, although i love the T/A too.
-i could just sell the Trans am, but like i said, i have to have the V8 now that i've got a taste of it. in short, the motor is the main attatchment that i have with this car.

so i've deicded to sell them both, use part of the money to push the restoration along more (paint, engine work, interior work, rims/tires), and the rest will go towards getting another low-mileage 99+ Z28 (SS isnt worth the money since i plan on changing everything about it). I'm planning to do the wide body kit, same hood i have now, SS spoiler (or mecham Z29 possibly), the same GFX option that i have now, or possibly a different aftermarket kit, nothing TOO OUT there though! Full Targa. Lowering springs. As much shaved as possible (ie. antenna). fresh black paint over it all, with some flat black fender stripes, tints all the way around, and a nice set of rims (black, polished lip) to finish it off as far as large projects go. ofcoarse all the little details that pull it all together. and probably full bolt-ons

I have this image SO ingrained in my head its a little rediculous. i'll do anything to complete it. i want it to look mean as hell.

this is how my camaro looked with the black rims from the T/A. (morning picture so its covered with dew) picture this car (MINUS the blackout headlights, i dont like them. gonna do the whistler mod), with everything mentoned above and an ls1 and thats what i want

Last edited by crimson_bird; 01-10-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ gotgha, Always thought you had 2 of the cleanest looking cars (based on sig pic lol) and was just curious. Sounds like a good plan, should look bad *** once you get it together. I like the sunoco hood over the ss as well, I would deffinantly go that route too.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like how you pay attention to small details like the vents, emblems, and ****.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where's that location of the Golden Gate bridge? I want to go there and snap pics of my SS. Cool shots! What kinda camera are you using?
Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Where's that location of the Golden Gate bridge? I want to go there and snap pics of my SS. Cool shots! What kinda camera are you using?
im not sure how to get to that location if you are going towards the city. but if you just left sf and actually went over the bridge, the very first exit will take you to the vista point, which is where you can walk the bridge and all. theres lots of people there, and you cant get any really good shots of the bridge because of the angle (pretty much a straight shot through the bridge. but, if you take the second exit, you follow the road down the hill a bit, until i think the first right, its a very sharp turn. take that, and follow that road down the hill and you'll get down to the area where i took that shot. there werent many people down there, then again, it was getting dark (just past sunset). i was pretty upset i got there at the time i did. the sun was dropping below the bridge as i drove over it, so by the time i got to the different spots it was fairly dark. if i would have got there about 25-30 minutes earlier (around 4:20-4:30pm) it would have been perfect. i'll probably be heading back there pretty soon to get some better shots of the bridge at a better time

im just using my Kodak Z1015 IS. nothing too special, but it gets the job done, for now. once i sell the car i'll be getting a Nikon D3000 with a few different lenses.

what bridge is that in your sig? i got a soft spot for a nice bridge at sunset.

just to give you an idea of the angles from the different spots...

from the vista point (first exit)

and from the place i was at (from taking the second exit)

Last edited by crimson_bird; 01-10-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am loving the pictures with lights on the background!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Trunion King

This is my fav. Looks like its going through a time warp.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Thats a sick ride man, the pics look great
Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The bridge in my sig is the Bay bridge. I just picked up a brand new Nikon D40 and I'm just learning how to use it.

Quick Reply: some current pictures of my TRANS AM. lots of pics.