Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Meguiar's product users come in

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's product users come in

I got a bunch of their products for Xmas,i just wanted to know how people like the NXT tech wax 2.0? likes, dislikes, should i not bother to use it or is it the greatest just want some opinions
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Launching!

I use Meguiar's exclusively. The NXT 2.0 is great stuff, it will really make your paint pop in the sun and give it a real deep wet glossy look. The old NXT didn't last very along, but this stuff lasts a long time. I use it on my DD and in the winter it lasts from Sept/Oct all the way till Feb/March with all the harsh road salt.

The other stuff I use frequently is their clay before I wax to remove all of the contaminants. The best product they make are the scratch removers. ScratchX works wonders on small scratches, and their new Ultimate Compound will even tackle some bigger ones fading them so much you can hardly tell. Spend an afternoon with Meguiar's stuff, clay, remove scratches, and wax and your car will look awesome.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

cant agree more with you^^and on a black car, i havnt found a better detail spray
Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Oh yeah forgot about the quick detailer! The new Ultimate Quick Detailer is amazing too, even adds some wax protection as well.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Meguiar's is all I use. From the soap. to the spray detailer, 2.0, scratch-x, leather wipes.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

i used to only use zaino but its a bitch to order more all the time.
oriley's(spelling?)sells the mirror glaze pro line and they have the senthetic sealant that is very good almost like zaino z5 and its like 16 bucks and its a good size bottle.

there ultimate compound is a very good product.
my paint has always been very nice and i get a lot of complements on it but the ultimate compound really made a difference.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
Meguiar's is all I use. From the soap. to the spray detailer, 2.0, scratch-x, leather wipes.

wow that looks great i guess i will be using it
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NXT 2.0 is awesome on a black car. It gives the car a great shine and even does a good job of hiding minor blemishes.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

Meguiars?? Ehh... Ive used some of their stuff...

And I like it all...

BTW... 3M bought out Meguiars, so the 3M car wash I have in there could be considered Meguiars.

Oh also... I sell all this stuff too.. And more! So if you guys ever need anything, shoot me a PM or an email (mleaf@zenithmotorsports.com)
Old 01-14-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love Meguiar's products and use the hell out of them, except for NXT 2.0. NXT 1.0 worked great on my Cayenne Red Metallic car, but 2.0 has been horrible enough on black paint that I tossed it in the trash. I've tried two different bottles of 2.0, one of which was new and shipped directly from Meg's as a replacement for the "bad bottle". Both bottles left streaks and smearing behind and also cloudiness on the black paint, which was freshly polished with the M105/M205 combo. It took a 50/50 IPA wipedown to remove it all. I searched on Meg's forum about this and found several other people with the same problem, mostly with dark colored cars since it is harder to notice on light colors I'm sure.

I replaced 2.0 with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant and have been extremely happy with it. Here are a couple of my details on black paint:

My Camaro, I talk about the streaking in this thread too. I never did update the thread after hitting it with BFWD though. Maybe in the spring!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...os-no-56k.html

A friend's Acura, I love some of these reflection shots of her car. BFWD is some really good stuff:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...n-cr-kais.html
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
I love Meguiar's products and use the hell out of them, except for NXT 2.0. NXT 1.0 worked great on my Cayenne Red Metallic car, but 2.0 has been horrible enough on black paint that I tossed it in the trash. I've tried two different bottles of 2.0, one of which was new and shipped directly from Meg's as a replacement for the "bad bottle". Both bottles left streaks and smearing behind and also cloudiness on the black paint, which was freshly polished with the M105/M205 combo. It took a 50/50 IPA wipedown to remove it all. I searched on Meg's forum about this and found several other people with the same problem, mostly with dark colored cars since it is harder to notice on light colors I'm sure.

I replaced 2.0 with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant and have been extremely happy with it. Here are a couple of my details on black paint:

My Camaro, I talk about the streaking in this thread too. I never did update the thread after hitting it with BFWD though. Maybe in the spring!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...os-no-56k.html

A friend's Acura, I love some of these reflection shots of her car. BFWD is some really good stuff:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...n-cr-kais.html
I had the same problem on my black T/A with NXT 2.0. You could see everywhere I applied it in somewhat of a fog.

I've used Zaino for a while and I love the stuff, but you have to do some really good correction to make it look the best. Meguiar's is probably one of the best solutions for a regular or even part use vehicle. Sure it has fillers, but some people would rather fill than 'sand' paint even. Myself, I like to be somewhere in the middle and a little closer to the full correction side.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

nxt 2.0 is one of the best OTC waxes you can purchase. however, it does not last very long. try getting your hands on meguiar's #16 and put a layer of it on top of the nxt. the nxt will last longer and look better.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive heard good things about mequiars but i started using tropicare stuff and menzurnos for correction. if those fail for me ill be trying this stuff out.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

NXT 2.0 will never go back on another car that I do. OTC or not, it is an unusable product in my eyes. I won't even try it on my wife's silver car because even if it is hard to notice, it will bug me and I will always be looking for the cloudiness.

I prefer sealants as LSP, but if I was in a jam I would try some M26 or Collinite 845 for an OTC product.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned Village Idiot LS1BLKSS

Originally Posted by Mike@ZMS
Meguiars?? Ehh... Ive used some of their stuff...

And I like it all...

BTW... 3M bought out Meguiars, so the 3M car wash I have in there could be considered Meguiars.

Oh also... I sell all this stuff too.. And more! So if you guys ever need anything, shoot me a PM or an email (mleaf@zenithmotorsports.com)
wow how is that 3m car wash stuff? i need to buy new soap for my car the one from costco isn't cutting it!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slo_lt1
wow that looks great i guess i will be using it
Thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned

Its great stuff. I usually use Gold Class, but I ran out and decided to try this stuff.

I also use AutoGlym car was as well. If I could easily get more all the time, I would probably use the AutoGlym exclusively.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was using the SIP for my corrections before and just detailed a corvette with the meg #105 and that stuff is awesome. It takes a while to break down with a pc but I had awesome results with the product.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used NXT 2.0 on my black WS6 with fantastic results.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned Village Idiot LS1BLKSS

Originally Posted by Mike@ZMS
Its great stuff. I usually use Gold Class, but I ran out and decided to try this stuff.

I also use AutoGlym car was as well. If I could easily get more all the time, I would probably use the AutoGlym exclusively.
sounds good, thanks

Quick Reply: Meguiar's product users come in