Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Help Replacing My Damaged Racing Stripe

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Replacing My Damaged Racing Stripe

Hi,
My 2001 Camaro SS got keyed or scratched recently and I don't know if I will be able to replace it. I added the racing stripes myself and I don't know if any company out there will replace this one part. I don't want to buy the whole kit again to replace one part. Thank you for your time.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

well, for starters i think you should contact the company that you bought the stripes from. i wouldn't take chances with any seller's stripes fitting the same, except the one you bought them from. even a few millimeters difference between different stripes will look very bad. so beg and plead for just the end section, or just the hood section for the left side.

if that doesnt work you'll have a few options to choose from:

1) buy a new set so you can replace them and keep the same look that you have now -if you are not allowed to just buy a section and you choose to buy a new set, re-do the entire set, not just the bad section. no use in letting the new stripes go to waste. start fresh

2) remove the stripes completely. simple solution, yet you'll have to go back to the
plain look

3) live with the 2 scratches- which i doubt you want to do. but its an option
Old 01-17-2010, 03:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
well, for starters i think you should contact the company that you bought the stripes from. i wouldn't take chances with any seller's stripes fitting the same, except the one you bought them from. even a few millimeters difference between different stripes will look very bad. so beg and plead for just the end section, or just the hood section for the left side.

if that doesnt work you'll have a few options to choose from:

1) buy a new set so you can replace them and keep the same look that you have now -if you are not allowed to just buy a section and you choose to buy a new set, re-do the entire set, not just the bad section. no use in letting the new stripes go to waste. start fresh

2) remove the stripes completely. simple solution, yet you'll have to go back to the
plain look

3) live with the 2 scratches- which i doubt you want to do. but its an option

i agree, also you can try to just measure the width of the stripe and contact someone, fourthcircledesigns for example and see if he will sell u just the stripes for the bumper. i'm sure he will... a small sale is still a sale.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 AM
TECH Addict

and it doesn't look like someone keyed it, someone you were driving behind probably just kicked up a few rocks.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Aren't the stripes suposed to go all the way down to the grill area anyway?

Quick Reply: Need Help Replacing My Damaged Racing Stripe