I don't know
1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

My custom made hood by photoshop.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My custom made hood by photoshop.

Just curious, I know some guys don't like the raptor hoods or the slp H.O. hood, but what if our ram air hoods looked the the same except for those split nostriles. Here is an example on my TA. What do you guys think?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

it looks good, not sure if i would buy one though
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive told myself that if i ever had a ws6 (dont plan on buying one, but just if it was me) i would cut them out, but then i havent looked at the construction to see if they are really needed. i would also mold in the little etching on the nostrils

Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is precisely why I bought my Raptor hood to begin with. I think the WS6 hood has a "stacked" look to it that doesn't flow with the bumper itself. Just my opinion of course, but I think doing it that way is the best of both worlds. Utilize the big agressive angles of the WS6 with the stylish tie in to the bumper like the Raptor.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

I was bored one day and did that on photoshop....i like how it looks.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

that is why i bougth my slp ho hood has the heigth of the ws6 but the nostrils of a firehawk
Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree that it would look better if it didnt have the bad separating the holes..
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
that is why i bougth my slp ho hood has the heigth of the ws6 but the nostrils of a firehawk
imo, the hawk nostrils look 100x better as i feel they flow a lot better with the car. not tryin to be a dick
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

few people actually like the slp hood but then again i didnt buy it for everyone i baught it for me, if you dont want people to tell you what they think on this board you should never post any pics of your vehicle, my .02
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

few people actually like the slp hood but then again i didnt buy it for everyone i baught it for me, if you dont want people to tell you what they think on this board you should never post any pics of your vehicle, my .02
i agree completely, just thought i would throw in, i wasnt tryin to be a dick
Old 10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

no man your fine ive heard much worse
had a guy on another board tell me my hood was plain ugly and i should sell it for something more aggressive.

on another note to the original poster its a clean idea and i dont have any pics of it but i have seen what you are talking about at nopi once and there was another black ta that did it aswell looks really clean, ask vfn if they can do it for you
i would think it wouldnt be that bad seeing as how you arent changing the entire design of the hood but just the nose peice
Old 10-23-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks mean as hell, if I had a Trans Am I would buy one....
Old 10-23-2007, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mehh.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 AM
8 Second Club

See, thats just it... I do want people to tell me what they think! That the whole point of me posting this threat. I actually have no idea what you're talking about...

I like the H.O. hood, I just think that mine looks better. But thats me. I'm hoping I have good taste and people will say something.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Looks mean as hell, if I had a Trans Am I would buy one....
Thanks Man!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Veteran

1bdtram i guess i should have directed that comment a little better i was sort of talking to lt1 hawk on that one, here lately there have been several show me your hood posts for members trying to get an idea of what they want, and the ones ive posted in the next comment was usually something about how that person thinks the slp hood is ugly, so it really wasnt talking to you or anything you said.

but if you pay close attention the only difference between the slp hood and what you photchoped is the cowl up towards the windsheild is different withthe ws6 hood the hood has a dfined line all the way up to the wipercowel, the slp on the other hand the entire hood is raised up at the cowel make the hood line less defined.

i wish i knew where to tell you to look for the ones i have seen that did what you photochopped, one was a little outlandish, (yellow,green, and black with to trans am spoilers stacked on top of each other) the hood was yellow and the center peice of the hood had a sort of point that layed over the raised part on the bumper, the other one was a black one that shaved a lot of stuff on the car (pontiac on headlight, and rear bumper, and made the hood like you are talking about, and he posted pics on here im pretty sure, looked real clean. but i saw both of these cars like 3 years ago if not longer, i have some pics i took of the yellow one but i dont have a scanner and it doesnt show the hood all that well either, hell it may be in the cheesy sticky up top for all i know.

my only concern is what it would look like once youve done it that way, it looks great now becaue all you can see is the shadow of the space but what will it look like with all of that stuff gone when you can actually look at all that it covers, the hood latch will be in plain view i would think, unless you did something similar to the slp hood and connected the nostrils and covered all of that stuff then again i maybe wrong you may not see anything except the nostril vents,

open the hood and look under the area's you are talking about removing and see what it covers i know on the stock firebird hood there was this big block looking peice of the hood that the latch connected to if thats all you would see i would say you would be alright but it still might look funny/unfinished you picking up what im putting down here,

i would like to see it done, i am in no means dissing your idea i agree with everyone that it looks really aggressive which i like but i would like to see the finished product.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:32 PM
8 Second Club

bump...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I've always thought that the separation made the WS6 hood scoops look like an add-on. But removing it makes it look all the more awkward. IMO, the Firehawk hood is the ultimate - smooth, sleek, and well-integrated.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like it could eat a cat, and that's not a good thing.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good!!

stock ws6 is my fav tho

Quick Reply: My custom made hood by photoshop.