Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

another hood thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another hood thread.

before we start just wanna let you know that the hood I have on it now is called a Suncoast "Z-style" hood made from fiberglass and it is a cowl/ram air hood. basically like the hood on the 93-97 trans-am's. (looks basically the same) I bought this hood from a member on here and since then I put the rest of the exterior mods on it as well. When I decided to go with dick harell stripes I started getting mixed feelings on the hood and now I think I want to put the Sunoco cowl hood on here with the stripes on the side to match the theme of the car. also this hood I have fits perfectly. Best fiberglass hood I've seen locally fit so well on these cars besides a really nice Harwood hood I seen once.

What are your thoughts on switching to the sunoco hood with stripes...or keep my current hood. If I do get it I will try to trade if anyone is interested. That would make it even easier. let the suggestions begin fella's

Old 02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

car and hood look good as it is. paint the mirrors black and she'd be close to perfect
Old 02-13-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

that's what my buddy tells me but I think it would contradict the stripes. I think it would offset that balance. ohh. Here's another thing.. I'm thinking of painting it Diamond White in the near future with the stripes in Diamond black.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

save your money for other things
i love the sunoco hood, but like everybody seems to have one
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fucter
save your money for other things
i love the sunoco hood, but like everybody seems to have one
I see your from bentonville as well
Old 02-13-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

my take...

I love your hood, and the way everything sits right now.

I would keep that hood if i were you. but, since you want the stripes, I think you can make stripes work with that hood. Honestly i think that would look GREAT with black stripes painted on the sides. it would have a similar look as the blackbird stripes for Trans/Ams

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...d-stripes.html -check out post #5 of 223HAWK's car. he painted on his tripes and they look really good. he had a thread up a while ago with more pics. thats what i'd do with your hood, in black. or, if you're not up to the paint idea, you can always go to a local vinyl/decal shop and get some custom fitted ones to go on there.

more of 223Hawks car - https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...s-my-wing.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-firehawk.html

Last edited by crimson_bird; 02-13-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
my take...

I love your hood, and the way everything sits right now.

I would keep that hood if i were you. but, since you want the stripes, I think you can make stripes work with that hood. Honestly i think that would look GREAT with black stripes painted on the sides. it would have a similar look as the blackbird stripes for Trans/Ams

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...d-stripes.html -check out post #5 of 223HAWK's car. he painted on his tripes and they look really good. he had a thread up a while ago with more pics. thats what i'd do with your hood, in black. or, if you're not up to the paint idea, you can always go to a local vinyl/decal shop and get some custom fitted ones to go on there.

more of 223Hawks car - https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...s-my-wing.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-firehawk.html
hey thx man! awhile back I tried to get someone to photochop that ideal for me and I remember the photochop didn't look that great since you can only do so much. but that might be an ideal. everyone seems to actually like this hood and I agree with it. maybe when I get my car painted I can get the hood painted with the stripes painted on the sides as well. I just want to be able to see it b4 I do it. But I guess i'm limited. Ya that'd be nice if a site maybe vinals for this hood as well. that'd be great.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW those scoops are more like the 93-97 firehawk hood than the WS6.

firehawk

WS6
Old 02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Launching!

I think the hood looks great. When I bought my camaro the original owner of my car messed up the front end and hood, he replaced it with the suncoast creations one. The hood fits perfect and the ram air functions great as well.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-13-2010, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Your current hood is my Fave, and they do make stripes for it. its not a sponser tho PM me for a link
Old 02-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

I would go with the black stripes on the side as well they would flow good with your other stripes and help accent the ram air hood.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1fastls1ss
I think the hood looks great. When I bought my camaro the original owner of my car messed up the front end and hood, he replaced it with the suncoast creations one. The hood fits perfect and the ram air functions great as well.
[IMG][/IMG]
Oh wow I really like your car. That makes me like my hood even more!
One other reason I like it so much is bc of the fitment. It's perfect
Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but I really don't like the hood at all. Other than that, the car looks really clean. I love white cars.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

What if I painted it like this?

http://suncoastramairhoods.com/98-02...ood-21004.html
Old 02-14-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

that would look sick.. little more pricey than some decals tho
Old 02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sure to paint it ya. But I got a buddy who will probably do it for maybe 100 or less. And he works in a paint booth
Old 02-14-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Sorry, but I really don't like the hood at all. Other than that, the car looks really clean. I love white cars.
What do you think about the link I posted. Would that help it out or no? Or should I try to do a blackbird style on the sides
Old 02-14-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
What do you think about the link I posted. Would that help it out or no? Or should I try to do a blackbird style on the sides
I don't like the picture in the link either. It just emphasizes a hood I don't really like on a Camaro in the first place. I think the blackbird stripes would look best out of the two options.

I am just not a fan of WS6 hoods on anything besides a Trans Am. I also don't really like scoops that open up towards the front of the hood on Camaros either. I just don't think it looks good.

Regardless, it's your car, do what you want to do. The car looks very clean even with the hood, I just think it could looks better with a different hood .

Not trying to dog you man. Just wanted to give my opinion.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I don't like the picture in the link either. It just emphasizes a hood I don't really like on a Camaro in the first place. I think the blackbird stripes would look best out of the two options.

I am just not a fan of WS6 hoods on anything besides a Trans Am. I also don't really like scoops that open up towards the front of the hood on Camaros either. I just don't think it looks good.

Regardless, it's your car, do what you want to do. The car looks very clean even with the hood, I just think it could looks better with a different hood .

Not trying to dog you man. Just wanted to give my opinion.
just kidding. Thank you for your opinion. That's what I want. As I said I really like the sunoco. And if I get the chance at one I'll take it if I am able. I'm glad you were honest an most definitely not rude or were trying to dog me. All good here!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

i used to not like you hood but its grown on me alot, i would keep yours and put your money elsewere like springs

Quick Reply: another hood thread.