Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: How does this "leather" look for the interior???
Great, go for it
100.00%
Once it is in, you won't really be able to tell a difference
0%
Keep looking, that stuff looks like crap
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Interior vinyl/leather wrap. Thoughts on this material???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interior vinyl/leather wrap. Thoughts on this material???

What do you folks think about this as a vinyl/leather wrap for the plastic interior parts on the interior...

I looked into Specialized Stainless' kit, but was disappointed to find that the vinyl isn't even a two way stretch material. That will make getting a permanent finish on tight spots next to, if not impossible. After ordering about a dozen swatches from different suppliers, I am finding that there really aren't any great vinyl/leather upholstery products out there that have the necessary stretch characteristics to to a long-term high quality upholstering. So I thought I'd see what the "world" thinks of this as an interior covering. This is a 4 way stretch material basically making it 360 degree stretchable. A vast upgrade in quality, but the look is as important.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the pattern might be a bit too much
Old 02-17-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

This look exactly as the one i used on my doors, i compared this with the one from the shop i am purchasing material and they look the same in the pattern and structure. It is called superstrech. If it is same then the pattern is not to much picture doest tell all.

Attached Thumbnails Interior vinyl/leather wrap. Thoughts on this material???-08x1808-volvo-pattern.jpg  
Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well son of a bitch!

Originally Posted by vikingramair
This look exactly as the one i used on my doors, i compared this with the one from the shop i am purchasing material and they look the same in the pattern and structure. It is called superstrech. If it is same then the pattern is not to much picture doest tell all.

Your build has been an extremely important part of my decision to do this. It is a big part of why I know to look for a high stretch material. I think I have your build thread bookmarked in 3 or 4 different places. I had my wife print all of the pictures (on her work computer of course). Hell, my wife AND my father know instantly what I am talking about when I say, "Viking's car!" Your car turned out absolutely breath-taking. Thank you for coming into this thread, your advice is appreciated.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for the compliment Transsam!
I'm in progress to re-doing my doors, taking the red inserts away and replacing them with perforated black and some french stiches on the armrest etc.. will post them soon. If you compare this vinyl to regular, on the back side you dont have a white surface on this one. This is the vinyl to use! it is topnotch.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Your pictures of your interior makes me want to do the same even though im trying to keep the weight down. Hoping to seem more pics
Old 10-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to revive this thread from the dead but I can't find this material online anywhere. Do you know if the company that produces either of the materials are out of business?

Quick Reply: Interior vinyl/leather wrap. Thoughts on this material???