Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

new stock tail lights... vht?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new stock tail lights... vht?

k so i got some new tails sense mine were cracked and looked like crap...
on the new ones i red'd out the amber turn signal witch i think looks alot better...
i was thinkin of doin i light coat of vht like how my old ones were (no vht on the white) but more so its just a dark red..
so my question is what are your opinions... no vht? light coat of vht? or lots of vht?

theres my old lights... quite a bit of vht on there...

heres the new ones after i red'd the turns...

sorry for the crappy pics, i took them on my phone..

Last edited by jb98camaro; 04-26-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

I like them how they are, with just the red. Maybe vht if you had the Berger done.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

i was thinkin just a tiny hit of vht to darken them a little... they just seem too red lol idk when i look at it in person somethin looks out of place.. i think i just got use to how my old ones were..
Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
11 Second Club

The "red'd" tails look better, but now your 3rd brake light needs to go back to red.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
The "red'd" tails look better, but now your 3rd brake light needs to go back to red.
haha i know... its gunna be a bitch sandin all that clear off it lol
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

I'll also be doing the same to mine...
Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it would look good with the tails tinted pretty dark, it will go well with the black C.A.M.A.R.O on the berger panel. But like someone said above me, if you paint the berger black, and get the red inserts for C.A.M.A.R.O it would look even better with tinted tails!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
I'll also be doing the same to mine...
just got it done!! woo! haha

I'll post up some updated pics later!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had that vht crap on my tail lights and it off by wet sandin em and took some polish and polished out my tails cause i got tired of all the people that about rear ended me cause they "couldnt see my brake lights when i breaked" so i got rid of that mess and wont ever deal with it again
Old 04-27-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
i had that vht crap on my tail lights and it off by wet sandin em and took some polish and polished out my tails cause i got tired of all the people that about rear ended me cause they "couldnt see my brake lights when i breaked" so i got rid of that mess and wont ever deal with it again
thats why i dont think i would do very much, if i were to do any at all.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

here are some updated pics!

fixed the third brake light

still gotta fix the side markers...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly I'd say get the 93-97 style tails and put them in then be done with it. They would look good as is, or I bet they would look awesome with a black berger.

Edit: What does your plate mean? Or is 'OMG' just a coincidence? lol
Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CHRRRIS
Honestly I'd say get the 93-97 style tails and put them in then be done with it. They would look good as is, or I bet they would look awesome with a black berger.
idk why but i hate how they look at night or i prob would get them... i just love the look of the ls1 style ones just hate the amber in them... if i get the money to i prob will grab a set of them tho
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

i think you should berger it and be done with it but maybe do a light coat of the vht on there but if you dont wanna do that then get down the road and be hassled by police i know theres this tint overlay for tail lights and headlights i think you can get it off ebay but im not to sure
Old 04-27-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
i think you should berger it and be done with it but maybe do a light coat of the vht on there but if you dont wanna do that then get down the road and be hassled by police i know theres this tint overlay for tail lights and headlights i think you can get it off ebay but im not to sure
ya if i do a berger im gunna get one at the junk yard cuz i kinda like how it is now... i dont wanna just paint my only one and end up not likin it ya know..
and around here surprisingly with how my lights were before being black as **** i never once got in trouble...
Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
idk why but i hate how they look at night or i prob would get them... i just love the look of the ls1 style ones just hate the amber in them... if i get the money to i prob will grab a set of them tho
as far as the lights themselves, 93-97 lights light up exactly the same as 98+ lights. so if you swap them they'll look the same.

the only way to get your car to light up like 93-97's is to swap out the wiring harness. i chose not to bother, so mine still light up like normal when i do swap in the lt1 style
Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Launching!

My car's booty looked exactly like yours in your before pics, blacked out lights with a clear reverse light, and black fill-ins. After awhile I got REAL sick of it, and JUST got my LT1 tails and did a gloss black berger panel, and omg.....it was the best thing I have done to the appearance of my car, except for rims lol.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
as far as the lights themselves, 93-97 lights light up exactly the same as 98+ lights. so if you swap them they'll look the same.

the only way to get your car to light up like 93-97's is to swap out the wiring harness. i chose not to bother, so mine still light up like normal when i do swap in the lt1 style
its not exactly the light ouput i was worried about.. i just dont really like how the light looks if ya know what i mean.. i just like the way the 97-02 look better
Old 04-27-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
My car's booty looked exactly like yours in your before pics, blacked out lights with a clear reverse light, and black fill-ins. After awhile I got REAL sick of it, and JUST got my LT1 tails and did a gloss black berger panel, and omg.....it was the best thing I have done to the appearance of my car, except for rims lol.
thats sweet man haha i got sick of mine too kinda.. you should post up a pic so i can see it with the berger
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
ya if i do a berger im gunna get one at the junk yard cuz i kinda like how it is now... i dont wanna just paint my only one and end up not likin it ya know..
and around here surprisingly with how my lights were before being black as **** i never once got in trouble...

oh yeah i gotcha i mean i for some reason took a chance with my one and only one but painted mine flat but it turned out good enough for me so i wasnt gonna complain but i get hassled around here all the time by police about something on my car so i took all the VHT off and put my factory head lights back in cause i had halos with the 3 LEDS on the outsides of each and i got tired of it so i went back somewhat stock except for my corner lights and my back side markers

Quick Reply: new stock tail lights... vht?