Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

any of you with pewter cars paint any parts to match w/ the exterior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any of you with pewter cars paint any parts to match w/ the exterior?

im thinking of maybe painting my intake and lid, and i was thinking of doing it in pewter to match the outside, anyone know where i can get the paint to do this? is there a paint out there that i can get my hands on easily that will match the exterior color? thanks for the info...
Old 01-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donate52
im thinking of maybe painting my intake and lid, and i was thinking of doing it in pewter to match the outside, anyone know where i can get the paint to do this? is there a paint out there that i can get my hands on easily that will match the exterior color? thanks for the info...
Their is paint out their that matches really close to the pewter on our cars, but you will still notice a little differnence when its right up next to the car. If you want to try it its called Pumice pearl metallic, you can get it at walmart.

Best thing to do it take it to a body shop and have them match the paint, put it in a spray can or have them paint it for you. Its what I'm planning to do for the parts I painted.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Or you could go to you local Chevy dealer and order some 11U (Light Pewter Metallic) spray paint. That's what I did. The cans are only about 8 ounces or so. If you're planning on doing a lot order a couple of cans. I think they costed me about $8-9 each.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, you can easily get the color matching from napa or any place that sells automotive paint
Old 01-12-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the tips
Old 01-12-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i painted my FRC's and batt cover.. i had the FRC's shot at my shop and I did the batt cover with the GM spray paint.. worked well
Old 01-12-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
i painted my FRC's and batt cover.. i had the FRC's shot at my shop and I did the batt cover with the GM spray paint.. worked well
do you happen to have any shots of your battery cover? i looked in your webpage but i couldnt find any clear shots of it , thanks

Quick Reply: any of you with pewter cars paint any parts to match w/ the exterior?