Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauges Center Vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges Center Vents

Well I have had this mod done for a while. From the pics I have posted you all know I had a triple pillar pod. Well I kept hitting my damn head on it getting in and out of my car. I also wanted a cleaner look to my car. I was out and about and decided to snap a couple of pics. On a side note I rashed my rims tonight cause I wasnt being careful enough pulling up to the curb. I want to kick myself in the nuts right now.

PS It just rained reason the rims are so dirty
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gauges look sick What do you have the gauges sitting in? As in, inside the vent, like an adapter type of thing?

As for the wheel, just sand it down as smooth as you can get it, and repaint it. It's not too bad.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Gauges look sick What do you have the gauges sitting in? As in, inside the vent, like an adapter type of thing?

As for the wheel, just sand it down as smooth as you can get it, and repaint it. It's not too bad.
Yeah, im not to worried about the wheel. Its not the first time I have refinished them. As far as the vents go. I went ahead and ordered vent adapters from a site sponsor that sells them. (cant remember atm) A 2 5/8 gauge will fit perfect in there. But Autometer does not make the ES Series in that size. I want to make some adapters myself that are more angled and kind of point the gauges in the direction of the driver like a 3000GT
Old 05-23-2010, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Yeah, im not to worried about the wheel. Its not the first time I have refinished them. As far as the vents go. I went ahead and ordered vent adapters from a site sponsor that sells them. (cant remember atm) A 2 5/8 gauge will fit perfect in there. But Autometer does not make the ES Series in that size. I want to make some adapters myself that are more angled and kind of point the gauges in the direction of the driver like a 3000GT
That'd be pretty cool. I imagine you might have to peek over to see the gauge all the way on the right.

If you could find the sponsor that sells the adapters, and post in here (or PM me) it'd be much appreciated.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
That'd be pretty cool. I imagine you might have to peek over to see the gauge all the way on the right.

If you could find the sponsor that sells the adapters, and post in here (or PM me) it'd be much appreciated.
Im headed out the door and Im going to be busy the next couple of days. Ill see if I can find the link later tonight though. No, its really not that bad. I can still see my gauges at a glance. I like them a million times better there rather then in my triple pillar pod. I kept hitting my damn head..haha
Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

nice gauge setup.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Looks awesome. Nice setup.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the rims, are those lug nuts black? or did you paint?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is a bit off topic but does that thing really only have 47k miles?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rabbit320
the rims, are those lug nuts black? or did you paint?
No they are chrome.

Originally Posted by jbridwelltransam
this is a bit off topic but does that thing really only have 47k miles?
Yes she does. I only drive her during the summer. Even then I ride my 07 R1 more then I drive my car.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

I like the gauge setup and the split-bumper.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

I have the same gauges in my car. Love the way they look.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by green28
I like the gauge setup and the split-bumper.
Split Bumper? If you are talking about how the front and rest of the car look like two different colors of silver well they are not. When you are standing there looking at the car you can in no way tell the difference Unless you see it at a certain angle. I have no clue why it appears that way in pictures and at certain angles. Guy at the body shop said it has to do with the difference between the materials painted and happens more with certain colors on older factory paints. At any rate if you are talking about the rear bumper that was cracked when I got the car. Well I have a new bumper on the way.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

LOL, I was talking about the brown Camaro in the 3rd pic.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by green28
LOL, I was talking about the brown Camaro in the 3rd pic.
I didnt even notice it..haha
Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Heres the link for the people who asked http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000803
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks man! Appreciate it
Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 AM
TECH Resident

there's a thread out there with a part number for a pvc coupler that works perfectly for the 2 5/8 (iirc) gauges to fit in the TA AC vents. I ended up going that route since they cost about 2-3 bucks each. Forgive me for the wires and the glare but you get the picture. I was yanking all of the nitrous wiring and other wiring i didnt need anymore and it kind of accumulated in the passenger foot cab for the time being

I really like how the gauges sit flush w/ the adapters instead of popping out. Different preference you might want to consider if you're looking to do gauges in the vents (could differ between gauge brands too, others might not be able to sit as flush). Oh and no thats not my actual A/F ratio. The gauge is currently unhooked as i had to make some changes to my exhaust setup and at the time of the pic the A/F gauge reads a number before displaying "AIR". Soon enough though I'll get everything hooked up

Last edited by dementia; 05-25-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dementia
there's a thread out there with a part number for a pvc coupler that works perfectly for the 2 5/8 (iirc) gauges to fit in the TA AC vents. I ended up going that route since they cost about 2-3 bucks each. Forgive me for the wires and the glare but you get the picture. I was yanking all of the nitrous wiring and other wiring i didnt need anymore and it kind of accumulated in the passenger foot cab for the time being

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/transamwst/2.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/transamwst/5.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/transamwst/4.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/transamwst/3.jpg[/IMG

I really like how the gauges sit flush w/ the adapters instead of popping out. Different preference you might want to consider if you're looking to do gauges in the vents (could differ between gauge brands too, others might not be able to sit as flush). Oh and no thats not my actual A/F ratio. The gauge is currently unhooked as i had to make some changes to my exhaust setup and at the time of the pic the A/F gauge reads a number before displaying "AIR". Soon enough though I'll get everything hooked up
I was going to go that route but I was having a hard time finding the part at my local stores. And the one I did find that fit was of a different brand and part #. And they had one, I waited for about two weeks and they still had not gotten any in nor would they order any more seeing as they kept telling me they had more on the way. They were also 11$ a piece. So I said screw it, Im not waiting and Ill pay a little extra and support a site vendor. Mine are Billet and it was easy to pain them. Being, Metal and not rubber I really dont have to worry about the pain flaking off. I now have to pull them and add a couple more layers of paint. I am current working on a design for an Angled vent adapter that points the gauges towards the driver slightly. As far as sitting flush. I like were they are sitting I can see all my gauges at a glance. My future mods are to add another wideband for the right bank. So it will go

(Wideband Left Bank)(Fuel Gague)(Wideband Right Bank)

Then I am redoing my dash and adding a custom cluster. It will be Speedo Center, Oil Pressure and Volts Left Side of speedo. Oil Temp and Water Temp Right side of Speedo

Ninjai Edit: Just looked at my pics, the gauges dont stick as far out as they look in the pics. Its a trick of shadow and lighting

Quick Reply: Gauges Center Vents