Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cut-up seat, Need leather color help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cut-up seat, Need leather color help

Hey all...

At work, I commonly carry a fold-out Gerber blade on my belt. Yesterday, the blade unfolded while attached to my belt as I was leaving work because I didn't engage the latch on the knife. I sat down in the car, and this happened:

Here is a picture of my T/A:

I have looked at several leather seat covers from autoseatskins.com (Katzkin leather):

http://www.autoseatskins.com/pontiac...er-p/ypo28.htm

but am unsure of the colors. I think the body color should be "Dark Graphite" to match the ebony interior of my TA, and I would like to color the center to an accent color that compliments the exterior color of the car. I also have the vent rings, shifter, and radio bezel painted silver, so that also may be a color option as well. Has anyone used the Katzkin or similar companies to make such seats, and what did you think of them? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have never used them but I know if you call katzkin they will send you free samples of as many as you want..
Old 05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

do both front to get a perfect match, you seats are likely somewhat faded slightly. or get samples and in person compare them to yours
Old 05-25-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You maybe able to get a set of used factory covers from Camaroking.com . I know he replaces a lot with custom interiors and usually sells the factory ones pretty reasonable. Just tell him what year it is and it should match up since they were all the same color 98-99 and 00-02 (except tan of course.)
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
You maybe able to get a set of used factory covers from Camaroking.com . I know he replaces a lot with custom interiors and usually sells the factory ones pretty reasonable. Just tell him what year it is and it should match up since they were all the same color 98-99 and 00-02 (except tan of course.)
I couldn't find that website, I did find camarokingla.com, but I think that's a different site. I'm looking to fix this as cheaply as possible.... I think if I do the Katzkin route, it's gonna cost me $1K or more. If I have to take this route, what color on their site is closest to the ebony leather I currently have?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Snootch
I couldn't find that website, I did find camarokingla.com, but I think that's a different site. I'm looking to fix this as cheaply as possible.... I think if I do the Katzkin route, it's gonna cost me $1K or more. If I have to take this route, what color on their site is closest to the ebony leather I currently have?
No, thats the site. Email him and ask if he has any take off covers. They do custom interiors in all those cars they sell (most are awful) and usually have extra stock covers. He sells them on ebay sometimes too...but the best bet is to send him an email and ask if he has any.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Also there are several on ebay for $140-$200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02...Q5fAccessories