Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What happened to my emblem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What happened to my emblem?

Last fall I ordered an emblem from emblempros, and I finally got around to putting it on my car not long ago. Well, the first time I washed the car with the emblem on, shortly after washing it I noticed it had a few spots of what looked like water trapped behind the letter Z. It's hard to tell in the pics, but it's pretty noticeable in person, even from a reasonable distance...

I was hoping it would go away, but it didn't. I washed the car again today and I sprayed the hell out of the emblem, hoping I could force out whatever those spots were. I sprayed it with the hose setting at full stream at a very close distance, and it didn't do a thing.

I tried to push on the letter to see if it would help, and the spots didn't budge, so I'm guessing it's not water trapped behind there. I have no clue what it is, dirt maybe? It's not really a big deal, but little stuff like that always annoys me. Has this happened to anyone else with a similar style emblem? What should I do?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

is it noticeable from more than 1 inch away?

maybe they all do that.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
is it noticeable from more than 1 inch away?

maybe they all do that.
Yeah, you can't tell in the pic, but at certain angles I can see it from 10-15 feet back.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

if its water trapped back there, adding more water certainly wont help.

i'd suggest taking a heat gun/blow dryer and and seeing if you can dry out the spots, if it is water.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
if its water trapped back there, adding more water certainly wont help.

i'd suggest taking a heat gun/blow dryer and and seeing if you can dry out the spots, if it is water.
I know, I was just spraying it to see if it would move around or anything, and it didn't. And when I sprayed it, it didn't add to it either. I figure it must be soap or dirt, but I'm not even sure how it got under there especially since I can't seem to get any water to get in. When I first saw it I thought it was just dirt on the surface, but I was wrong.

I'm going to try a hair dryer tomorrow and see if it does anything
Old 05-27-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this has something to do with the acrylics. A while back I bought some fill in letters for the camaro from sub thump made from acrylic. After a while they all started looking like that. I think the material attached to the acrylic is chipping off, from behind.

I would contact emblem pros asap and get that resolved. On the car or not, that shouldnt be doing that.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Well fellas,

We have sold about "many hundreds of these" and I have not seen this before. We have them on our cars, and have also not seen it. So, making an assesment that "all" acrylics eventually do this is not right. Many emblem guys "like us" use these same products. I am quite sure if this was happening, we would have heard about it before now. We also use acrylics in many other items we sell as well, not only these parts. Nose emblems, Camaro letters, etc...
I also do not know what it is. However, it is possible you have somehow received a bad piece of acrylic.
We stand behind our work, and take care of our customers. Remove it from the car, send it here so we can look at it, and we will replace it. I want to see the part. High pressure washes are probably not good for them. High pressure washes up close are not good for many things on your car. Clearcoat, paint, decals, etc....

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 05-27-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I also want to make it clear that I am in no way, shape, or form criticizing the product. I am confident that whatever the issue is, it will be fixed and I would never hesitate to order anything else from emblempros, their quality is outstanding. I'm assuming this is just a fluke of some sort, or something that I may have caused.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SKZ28
I also want to make it clear that I am in no way, shape, or form criticizing the product. I am confident that whatever the issue is, it will be fixed and I would never hesitate to order anything else from emblempros, their quality is outstanding. I'm assuming this is just a fluke of some sort, or something that I may have caused.
Steve,

We are going to fix it for you. It's not a problem.

Thanks, Roger
Old 05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Emblempros FTW

Quick Reply: What happened to my emblem?