Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

6LE Harness Bar for 1993-2002 F-Bodies...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 6LE Harness Bar for 1993-2002 F-Bodies...

A thread was started asking for this to be made. The previous design from a different company is no longer available so we are offering our own "6LE Harness Bar" to be used for racing harnesses (not shown in pics)...

Anyways, here's prototype pics:

The FINISHED piece would come with a center support bar that would simply be wedged between this bar and the tranny tunnel. It would NOT be connected so you DON'T have to use it but it is there if you want it and you can even mount it to tranny tunnel if you want.

My guy is only moving forward with these if we get a Group Purchase of 10 put together. Price would be $250 (that includes a $25 mark up for my time) and that would be bare metal.

Shipping is extra and powdercoat is extra. If the GP gets going I can find out how much powder would be and can get it quickly and cheaply in:

Flat Black
Semi-Gloss Black (satin)
Gloss Black

or in Gloss Red IF there is enough who want red (black is cheap because he runs it all the time but red is a $75 minimum).

WORST CASE my guy would probably charge $50 to powder the bar. I would NOT mark up the powder, my only profit is the $25.

So, if you want them, put a list together and start paypaling me:

madelisle@yahoo.com

and put "6LE Harness Bar" in the notes.

You wanted it made, I got it made and I got it made WAYYYYY better looking and functioning than the previous design on the market. Not it is your turn to step up peeps
Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks beefy. What size/gauge/type of metal is that tubing?

Also, how thick are the mounting plates? Looks a little thin to me, but it's hard to tell by pictures.

Don't want to step on anyones toes, but if I can make a recommendation, it would be to actually shorten the bars length by about 4-6" and either mandrel bend 1 piece of tubing, or use squared tubing. Racing harnesses can be difficult to install and adjust for skinny people like myself and when it's that close you may lose some adjustment for how tight you can pull the shoulder straps down. Since the shop has been around racing have them mock up a set with the bar in the car..
Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

oh, and post this on frrax
Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned

They did closer to the seat for safety reasons (spine compression) but can shorten it...

Not sure materials, I should have asked...

Finally, the mounting plates will be WAY thicker in the finished piece, this was just a mock up. HOWEVER, the place the stock seatbelts (and this) bolt to is SUPER thin and flimsy so if anyone really races BUY A FRIGGIN ROLLBAR!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

That's gonna be a good looking piece, does this mean your back or just a little somethin in your spare time.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

hmm thats cool man
Old 06-01-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have no use for it, but im glad to see it out there mark

hope someone buys a painted/etc one soon so we can see pics
Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Cant tell, back seat clear to flip up?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Cant tell, back seat clear to flip up?
Only if you have removed the seat belt guides off of it...
Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
That's gonna be a good looking piece, does this mean your back or just a little somethin in your spare time.
Not back, just still finishing projects we started over the past year or so and this was one of them...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Oh, I know. I have an LG harness bar. You shouldn't have to worry about spine compression when you're being pulled backwards by the harnesses (I don't think at least). If it was low or on the ground then yes I understand that. Good job regardless, glad to see it was followed through with
Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man that thing is way too long. i wouldnt be able to drive the way i like to with the door back even with the window frames.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does seem a little long after looking at it! I would like to see it with the center support you were talking about!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned

Ok, let's make something clear... This is designed for your SAFETY in mind. The guys who built this know their ****, this is all they do...

Now, notice in these pics where the bar their race cars' harnesses are in relation to the seat...

Safely, your harnesses only have TWO INCHES of stretch. Have a longer harness than that and it is pointless.

Next, those tabs and brackets are HORRIBLE. Just get rid of those dumb brackets (that you loop your harness through and then bolt to the tab on the bar). That one doesn't take a rocket scientist... Do you want your belt webbing against flat metal with an edge or looped around a bar? Looped around bar is less likely to cut...

We can make it however you want to but this is the way that is safest. Also, you want the bar exactly where it is for spine compression. When a harness fits properly, you basically pre-compress your spine to prevent injury during accident.

To be honest, it is already retarded not to do a cage for you to attach your harness to. However, if you want something like this instead this is how it needs to be designed to not do more harm than good God forbid you're in an accident...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Oh, I know. I have an LG harness bar. You shouldn't have to worry about spine compression when you're being pulled backwards by the harnesses (I don't think at least). If it was low or on the ground then yes I understand that. Good job regardless, glad to see it was followed through with
Spine compression I meant was for you to pre-compress your spine, the point of the harness...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Banned

Also, my seats go back further than stock seats, they are all the way back in these pics (not reclined obviously)...
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

I assuming that it wouldnt be a good Idea to use this with factory camaro seats? The belts would have to kinda go around the seat, Very interested in this item as Ive always been trying to find a lg motor sports bar.

I imagine I can just get some firebird seats if its an issue.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
man that thing is way too long. i wouldnt be able to drive the way i like to with the door back even with the window frames.
What the hell does the door have to do with being even with the window frames?

Quick Reply: 6LE Harness Bar for 1993-2002 F-Bodies...