Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

DDM Tuning still in business???

Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation DDM Tuning still in business???

On June 1st, I placed my order for the Raptor HID Kit (fog lights) and paid $43.87 total. I got an automated email from them with my invoice, stating that I would receive another email shorty with shipping confirmation.

Well it's now a week later and NO E-MAIL!!! In fact, I have sent them two e-mails asking them for updates on my order and received no response. In their invoice it says to e-mail them at info@ddmtuning.com and they will respond within 24 hours. Well it's been way more than 24 hours now.

I checked my credit card statement online and was billed for the order on June 1st. I'm not sure what's going on over there but I'm starting to get agitated.

Anyone else have any issues with them lately?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

2 of my customers says the same thing about them as u

and a other customer has been trying 2 get intouch with them about a bad ballast
2 messages with no response
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

A guy I work with bought like 5 sets. He got two sets within a week and a half, another two a month later, and the last set he's still waiting for which has been almost two months. My advice is to keep calling them. We have both talked to them on the phone and they alway very nice. I think they have just gotten a lot more orders and are falling behind a little.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My last order I had to wait cuz of backorder. Just be patient they were slow to respond.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Launching!

DDM is terrible with response times. I sent them an email 3 weeks after I ordered 2 sets of HID's, a week and a half later they responded to tell me there would be another week backorder. The quality makes it all worth while though
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

I just got mine, order them about a month ago. From what I understand there's 2 issues - one - they are hella backed up with orders due to their sale pricing and are having a hard time getting everyone's out the door and two - customs are giving them a hard time with thier shipments into the country. It's true - e-mail wise it's like pulling teeth but call them and they're happy to explain. Great prices and great quality - if you can stand the wait it's worth it.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Recommend giving them a call rather than email. I've never failed to get a response from them by calling. They get back ordered sometimes depending on what kit you buy so I usually call before placing an order to assure they have what I need in stock.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

I placed an order with them on may 21 and after two weeks i sent them an email and got no response so i called them and no one answered. I left a voicemail but did not get a call back, but the day after that my hid kit was shipped out and i should be receiving them tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I called them, no one picked up. I'll call them again tomorrow.

Honestly, what kinda crap is that?? If the damn thing is on back order then update the website so it says that; or at least send a quick e-mail notifying the buyer that it's out of stock at the moment. The way they're deceiving people right now really isn't the best way to run a business. Seems like they'll gladly take your money (or charge your credit card in my case) and keep you in the dark about your order status. I've had this happen before with another company, but at least they didn't charge me for it until it shipped out.

If I would have known it was out of stock or they were this backed up with orders, I would have gone elsewhere.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I live a few minutes from their business, its been a few weeks since I last went to their shop. Let me tell you this though, they are hella busy. When I was there last time, there was a line of people trying to get kits and some of them bought more then ten... im sure they are just not able to keep up with demand...
Old 06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Recommend giving them a call rather than email. I've never failed to get a response from them by calling. They get back ordered sometimes depending on what kit you buy so I usually call before placing an order to assure they have what I need in stock.
I did this, got an RMI number (bad ballast) and still haven't gotten a replacement or anything, just an email confirming. Now the other ballast has gone bad

I called about 3 weeks ago now
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

I ordered 2 sets on May 15 and received them this weekend. They are no doubt absolutely swamped with orders. They did have an update as to how many orders were being packed daily on the right side of their website, but now it looks as though it hasn't been updated for a few days. I read on their site a while ago that they started packing 24 hours a day so they could catch up on all the orders. I'm not saying this is right, but it is understandable.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
same, they were great when i ordered them 2 weeks ago. They were very timely on my email response and picked up my calls. I did sit on hold about 30 min though
Old 06-08-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

before they did the site re design they were constantly selling out. literally ever message board is aware that they have the lowest prices and best quality so it might take a little while.

it still beats anything you will find on ebay. i have a local friend who also buys ddm kits 10 at a time and turns around and sells them installed for $120 a kit
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mine were back ordered, it took about 6-8 weeks before i got an email then they showed up 2 weeks later, but for the price, i think its worth the wait.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Ive got my stuff from John, at sharp hid. I think all he carries is DDM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:29 AM
TECH Resident

I just got my set a few weeks ago. They were on severe backorder as previously mentioned and I also believe they were transitioning to a different server or something of the sort so some of the orders might have been delayed in light of that (dont quote me on that) I've done business with them a few times now and although the latest batch is taking a bit longer than usual I've never been disappointed with what I got.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

I placed an order for 3 kits last week and selected 3K instead of 5K. I emailed them right away and never got a response. Monday I started calling them and nobody ever answered. Tuesday I finally got through after being on hold for almost 30 minutes and got everything straightened out. They told me they would ship out by the end of the week, so we will see how that goes.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

I ordered some 2 months ago and they were on backorder. got a email about a week after ordering that they were to. I just let it roll. My car was broke anyways
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called about mine and got an answer. Theyre back ordered pretty bad. I got my relay harness last week and my HIDs shipped monday. So Id say just give them a call.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DDM Tuning still in business???