Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Halo wiring w/ fog switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Halo wiring w/ fog switch

I bought a set of halo inserts, I'm not too savy with wiring so I need some help on how to wire them up to a 2nd fog light switch. The switch is the same as the factory one, I just picked up another one so it didn't look ghetto, I've seen a few people do this. I spent a couple hours searching on wiring up halo's lastnight and didn't find anything, just picture threads about them.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
RR
Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever figure this out? I want to do the same thing
Old 08-09-2010, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did it about 3 years ago, look up the switch and see what each pin does, you wont use them all, ill have to pull mine out to remember how i did it but if you need i can do that.... not sure when ill have time but let me know.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

second foglight switch to run halos

Only the fog lights symbol on the original fog light switch is illuminated at night but both amber lights work when either is on

Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set mine up with a second fog light switch. Tapped off the cig lighter for power and used the existing harness that was back there for the rest of it. Ran a wire to the halos as well. It was pretty simple the worst part was getting a wire thru the firewall.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry I forgot to update the thread. I got it all hooked up right after I made this thread haha. I ended up just running power from the battery and grounded it out to the headlight grounds. To hook up the switch you just have to touch the wires to individual prongs until they shut off the halos. I'll try to get a pic tommorow of which prongs it is. To connect the wires to the switch I went to ace and use one of those couplers for those metal ball pull cords that are on ceiling fans, and crimped them on the wire and they slide onto the prongs great and have no issues with them.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Revoroller
sorry I forgot to update the thread. I got it all hooked up right after I made this thread haha. I ended up just running power from the battery and grounded it out to the headlight grounds. To hook up the switch you just have to touch the wires to individual prongs until they shut off the halos. I'll try to get a pic tommorow of which prongs it is. To connect the wires to the switch I went to ace and use one of those couplers for those metal ball pull cords that are on ceiling fans, and crimped them on the wire and they slide onto the prongs great and have no issues with them.
Any pics?

Quick Reply: Halo wiring w/ fog switch