Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Should I paint my intake , valve covers and strut tower brace same color as the car

Old 06-30-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I paint my intake , valve covers and strut tower brace same color as the car

I am going to for sure paint the intake the same color as the car " RED " , but I dont want to throw anything off. The engine bay is gloss black so I was thinking Intake , Valve Cover and strut tower brace would look pimp red . I need advice though 1st cause I dont want it to look tacky but I do want the showroom look

thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda depends on what you wanna show off and what you don't. For example, I thinks it's hideous when people use colored wire looms under the hood. 99% of the time, it's the looms that stand out...not the rest of their work they spent so much time and $$$ working on.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only thing my lt1 has for color is the red msd wires and the intake that is painted red already. But im getting the car painted a slightly different red and wanted to have the intake match with it. I just do know if I should paint the other parts also . I think itll look good cause my car is red with a blk hood / Ceta. So i figure black block and blk engine bay. I dont know what to do

this sucks
Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

check out this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...uote-pics.html

Lots of color combos and pics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I paint my intake , valve covers and strut tower brace same color as the car