Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

superhawk hood on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superhawk hood on ebay...

anyone buy from these guys before? I watched one hood before no buyers, considering their feedback is pretty good I was wondering if there had been any issues with them and the price of course....
[non sponsor link removed]

Last edited by phantomzer0; 07-04-2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: link didnt post
Old 07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

stay away from that company . I have personally dealt with their products
and they are very poor quality !
Old 07-03-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Like ^he said, I've heard of a couple people having problems with them.

But I've heard of more people being happy with them. I have 2 of their hoods and they look great, fit great, and the quality is great, with even lines/gaps all the way around. I haven't had a single in a year. I had the "sunoco" style hood for my camaro, and a WS6 hood on my trans am now.

the trans am's hood fit with no altercations needed. The camaro's hood needed to be trimmed back just a tad at the corners, nearest the windshield, because it ran a little bit further than it should. But my body guy trimmed it perfectly and the hood fitted as good as stock. other than that, no install issues.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Heard/seen nothing but bad news from that Ebay seller.
Because you can't leave negative feedback against sellers anymore, sure they have good feedback on eBay.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm..
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Because you can't leave negative feedback against sellers anymore, sure they have good feedback on eBay.
I think its sellers that can't leave negatives for buyers now...you can still leave negatives for sellers.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have three neg in the past month alone. I read alot of fitment issuses and crazy shipping cost.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

their shipping costs were actually overestimated in both of my cases. they said to expect it to be like $150 to the west coast, my first hood costed $124 for shipping, the second costed $119. They don't determine that price either way though, the shipping company does, and its always cash on delivery.

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
not true. you got it backwards. buyers can leave whatever feedback they feel fits
Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

There is a huge thread about this company on here from a year or so back. Anyway they basically bought hoods from VFN and US Exotics and copied them without permission.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea, yer right, I got it backwards, sorry.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Launching!

I actually have their Superhawk hood. Not installed though, opened just one time to insure there was no damage before accepting it from the carrier. For the brief inspection that I did while examining the hood. Mind you, i'm not a proffesional body guy and from what I did see didn't seem to be to bad. The one thing that stood out the most was. A spot close to the opening of one of the scoops. Seems like it needs to be filled in a tad bit. Hopefully it should be minor fix? Ever since then though, it's been sitting in storage. Waiting for me till I can take care of some priorities first. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since they aren't a sponsor, I guess we really don't need to worry about it, huh guys?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Since they aren't a sponsor, I guess we really don't need to worry about it, huh guys?
Someone can't ask how a company is? It's not like they're trying to advertise, they're just trying to get feedback on a part to decide whether or not they should buy it.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
other than the link he posted, what does them not being a sponsor have to do with anything, he just asked a question about a company

also, why is there no problem with the huge *** thread dedicated to Ebay SS spoilers, yet theres an issue here?? just curious...
Old 07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry, I didnt know ebay links were bad.... appreciate the feedback guys. Personally it seems pretty sh#$ty to copy someone elses hood, but honestly how many chances do you have to get a superhawk hood for that price?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

i think only one company was making that style, and they don't anymore, so really, there's no other option than that.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i think only one company was making that style, and they don't anymore, so really, there's no other option than that.
Just curious, is the Hood on your sold black camaro A VFN Sunoco? or the copied version mentioned above?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Veteran

^hoods4sale version.

i bought that hood last year. at the time, i was getting some other work done with the car and figured i'd get a hood too. I found it on ebay and had never seen one like it before, so i went for it. At that time i had no clue about where the design came from, that didn't even cross my mind. All i knew was that it was a nice looking hood, and the first reasonable cowl i'd seen for the camaro, since i don't care for the larger cowls i had seen. And the price was great.

i didnt find out about the sunoco camaro, or VFN for that matter, until months later when i got the T/A and started getting on ls1tech more frequently. then i found out about them taking the design.

but, whatever the case, i was happy with it. I don't see why i should look at the company as doing something bad for copying the design of the hood... what's the difference between that, and all the companies that copied the other GM hoods (SS, WS6, etc), the SS spoiler, and what about all the corvette replica rims that are also rip-offs of GM parts??? no body has a problem with these things...

Last edited by crimson_bird; 07-04-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Angry

Originally Posted by Scrws6
Sorry, I didnt know ebay links were bad.... appreciate the feedback guys. Personally it seems pretty sh#$ty to copy someone elses hood, but honestly how many chances do you have to get a superhawk hood for that price?
You got that right bro, shitty indeed. Although, what are your chances EVER.lol You see awhile back there was a thread, that if you were expecting a true Super Hawk hood from Roger. You'll know what i'm talking about. I was one of the almost unlucky. I wanted the hood so bad that I was almost contemplating letting Roger hang on to my money for a bit. But my good half slap some scense into my head.lmao Long story shortened, I know you pay for what you get. I still really wanted one even after I did some homework and read some of the negative feedback. All I can say is, in this stuation it's 50/50 you get a pretty good to ok hood. None the less you still get a hood.lmao My other situation was all or nothing. Laterz
Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

I'm curious as to why a link to an ebay item is deleted and marked as "nonsponser link removed"...... Isn't Ebay a Sponsor on here??? or is just a kiss *** move to have a huge *** section devoted to Ebay at the bottom of the Classifed's Section???

Quick Reply: superhawk hood on ebay...