Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Blingmaster FTL

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Blingmaster FTL

My wife got a bottle of Blingmaster for me last Valentine's Day. I have several plished pieces under my hood and some (my entire GMMG) under my car. Since day 1, this stuff sucks. The hype got to me after these months and I have to say it's just not what I thought it would be. I see others having great success with the stuff and if I got a bad batch of it I'm sorry, but if this is what it's supposed to be like it's garbage. It's consistency is SUPER LOOSE. I know other polishes that are loose like White Diamond but not as loose as BM. I tried polishing un-polished metal and it didn't work. I tried polishing previously-polished metal for upkeep and it worked very minimally. Like I said, if this stuff works for the masses and just not for me then so be it. I'm not trying to stop people from buying it; I;m just sharing my experience with it. I'm sticking to Busch from now on. It's the best polish I've ever used and if it wasn't for my buddy's brother finding it in a Georgia truck-stop we wouldn't have known about it, lol.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could you give more info on the Busch stuff?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also consider the botle of blingmaster i bought to be a waste of money so your not the only one.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry about your misfortune, but something intuitively just 'd tell me to stay from a product named "blingmaster". It looks like something people 'd use on those cheap rims on donks.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Cheetoh- here's the site. This stuff goes a long way and it's thicker than the Blingcrapper.
http://www.buschshineproducts.com/in...&products_id=3

luna123black- thanks man. I was expecting to look on here this afternoon and be banned for not liking it at all, lol. It's good to know that it's not just me. bad408vert- I should've known by the name, lmao.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heard the same thing about the consistency being loose from a buddy.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first time ive heard of it not being worth a crap cause i thought about investing in some but now i dont think ill waiste the time or money cause that crap is exspensive enough and for it not to work that really sucks to
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 AM
12 Second Club

It's so loose that if you pour some on the applicator pad or rag it runs down the side of the bottle. I couldn't even get it to work by machine application.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

A little suprised by this Thread. I bought and used this product and was very happy with the results I got using it on Aluminum items.. Not so sure with Stainless or Chrome??? I will say you are right on the money with how LOOSE it is. I have tried a number of different products on Aluminum and this is the best so far. I also used it on my GMMG and the results while not Stellar were acceptable!!! Try it on one of your Brake lines in the Engine bay and see if the results are the same.. If not, maybe you got a bad batch.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

I'm actually using it on that stuff, (brake lines, A/C drier, my GMMG). All of that was previously polished and I was just using the BM for upkeep which should work with no problems but it still didn't work too great, lol. I hope for everyone else's sake that this was just a bad batch. For $25 I could've bought 2 of the same size bottles of Busch online. Here's a pic of when I first polished the GMMG with Busch and the second from BM. The BM kind of made it look clean but not polished.
Busch

Blingmaster
Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

I did some more digging and found some more old pics of my GMMG and even the GMMG under the car a month after the initial polishing. IDK about the Blingmaster. Their website shows AWESOME results but my friends and I have absolutely no luck with it. We even did a side-by-side comparison a few days ago using the Blingmaster on half of a TTII and White Diamond, (just off-the-shelf polish from Advance Auto) on the other half and it was rediculous how much better the White Diamond looked and applied.
More BUSCH

Old 07-11-2010, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres the best stuff I've found. Never heard of this busch stuff, but if it does the job thats all that matters. This is the only polish I use now.

http://www.master-formula.com/Metal%20Polish.htm
Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its supposed to be loose...like Braso or anyother chemical reactive polish (that uses a chemical reaction to polish rather than abrasives.) Do you complain about paste polish being too thick? Thats the way its supposed to be. You put a little on and applicated and the applicator polished the metal not the polish (because its not abrasive for one thing.) A few drops on a applicator will do a whole wheel. If you were doing non-polished metal you should have used the green stuff. IMO its the best metal polish on the market by far.

Pics of my Corsa catback done with Blingmaster:

Old 07-11-2010, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Sucks you had bad luck, I've used BM on My TT2's and haven't had a problem with the results. I will agree with it's consistency but it does work. Here are my wheels before polishing and after a few rounds with the BM. I think I'm going to try the white diamond or the other stuff listed on the fronts and see how that works compared to the BM.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Not too thrilled with the blingmaster either. Didn't live up to the hype
Old 07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Its supposed to be loose...like Braso or anyother chemical reactive polish (that uses a chemical reaction to polish rather than abrasives.) Do you complain about paste polish being too thick? Thats the way its supposed to be. You put a little on and applicated and the applicator polished the metal not the polish (because its not abrasive for one thing.) A few drops on a applicator will do a whole wheel. If you were doing non-polished metal you should have used the green stuff. IMO its the best metal polish on the market by far.

Pics of my Corsa catback done with Blingmaster:
You're car and the post you made is the reason I bought it. I don't complain about much, just this shitty polish.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

^ I don't like the way my last comment reads so I wanted to let you guys know I mean no disrespect to anyone, I just don't like this stuff and i hope mine was out of a bad batch.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

I've had good luck with the purple polish and gonna get some green for the heavy duty polishing.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
I've had good luck with the purple polish and gonna get some green for the heavy duty polishing.
+1 on purple polish. Good stuff. Hard to beat mothers mag and aluminum too. Tried and proven.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

I promise you all, this is THE BEST polish I've ever used. Very very uncommon but it is truly the best. This with a powerball and enough time will make polished aluminum look like chrome.
http://www.shop.speedunlimited.com/p...h-cleaner.aspx

Quick Reply: Blingmaster FTL