Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Curved A CCW

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Curved A CCW

Hey guys I got into a curb a little bit with a CCW. Can anyone post a repair method to fix curb rash. Does anyone know if CCW would repair this or is it a easy home repair.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

There are alot of companies who will come to you and fix your rim. I work at a car dealership and we have 2 different vendors who come out and repair rims here just do a google search in your area and you will be able to find one.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

check WheelsAmerica -i know they, like ^james said, do mobile repairs. not sure if they have a location near you though.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL "curved". I had my wife type this post up while I was on the road, I guess she didn't understand what I was saying.

Anyway I curbed a wheel pulling into a bank today, I didnt see that the curbs where so narrow. This sucks I have kept these wheels in perfect condition for 4 years now.

I will do a google search and see who is close to me. This would be the safe way to go and me not make it worse.

Its not to bad and looks like it could be sanded and polished out. I didn't know if anyone on here has done this them selves. Some people have polished their water pumps and such and I just thought similar materials and method could fix this problem as well. I just need to figure out what materials and method I need to make the repair or at least improve it.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have a pro do it. They have a machine they use. I got quoted a 100 dollars a wheel
Old 07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I feel a little better after polishing on it for a couple of minutes. Just a powerball and some mothers polish made it look a lot better. Its not perfect because you can see where the curb got into it in deeper scratches, but even the deepest scratches now have a mirror finish.

I think a pro can get it almost back to as if nothing happened if a powerball and some mothers made that big of an improvement.

So what do you guys think just do a google search to find a pro in my area? that seems to be the opion thus far vs. me buying some equipment and attacking it myself.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
So what do you guys think just do a google search to find a pro in my area? that seems to be the opion thus far vs. me buying some equipment and attacking it myself.
yes, have a pro do it. if they weren't CCW's, it'd be a different story
Old 07-11-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Go to a dealer. They will have a number or possibly a card available. Most dealers do have the number available.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ what he said and sorry to here about em being "curved" lol
Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Curved or curbed. If I owned CCW's and that happened I would puke!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I wanted to puke. First I got out of the car and hung my head for a while and called myself everyname in the book for hitting that curb. Almost went home I was so pissed off about it, but then decided hell it is only money worst case I need to buy another wheel and then my son and I proceeded to the track to watch some racing in Milan.

I was actually surprised by how well the rash cleaned up with just a power ball and some mothers. I wish I would have taken before pictures it looked like hell compared to the rest of the wheel, but you have to understand that I keep these wheels in perfect condition....hell you usually could eat off of the inside of the barrells if you wanted to, LOL! Unfortunately since I keep them that nice it made it even worst that I did that,

I think they can be fixed to almost new again and no one but me will notice what I did

Quick Reply: Curved A CCW