Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What makes a berger panel a berger panel????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What makes a berger panel a berger panel????

I know what makes it a berger panel. Its when your tail filler is painted black but, im trying to prove a point this if it is any color other the black its not a berger panel lol post your thoughts please lol here it is lol read
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...l#post13595265
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

back up replied

what about a hot pink berger panel lol
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ to funny but to the op id paint it semi gloss black cause i painted mine flat black and dont get me wrong it looks good but i think it would look better semi gloss
Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

some people. The he wants to call me out wanting to race LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know, it's just painting it. Black, gloss, flat, I've seen em white. Just my .02
Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

only read the first page, but i agree with what slowss02 had to say.

its the same as the ceta mod, people liked the look of these specal ed. cars, and transplanted those looks onto their cars. sure some do it different colors, some keep it black... but even with black there are variations. true berger cars and CETA's came in a uniform shade of black, they didn't get the choice of gloss, flat, or satin...

with that said, none of the cars with self/professionally painted panels are TRUE berger/ceta style panels, but who cares, they're simply done to change your cars appearance

This is the way i see it (whether i like the way they look or not), ANY time the color of the real panel is changed to something different than that of the rest of the body FOR APPEARANCE PURPOSES, it is a "berger panel" or the "ceta mod", for camaro's and trans am's respectively...

you want to do a hot pink berger panel, go for it.... and it'll be considered a berger panel as long as its on any colored car other than hot pink. These two appearance mods have grown in popularity over the years, and people do take them and change it a bit and use other colors, its all part of modding to your own preferences.

whether he's selling it as a berger panel or not, who gives a fu%K. it doesn't make a difference, if you want a black berger, buy it, and paint it, its not that big of a deal to where you need to ruin someones for sale thread with nonsense. especially since there are people who have done/like the look of silver panels on black NBM cars... do i? no, but thats not the point here...

Last edited by crimson_bird; 07-14-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see both side of this, but for his purposes of SELLING it, if someone thought they were getting a genuine berger panel and saw that they might be upset. Besides, what if it just came off of a silver car? Did he even paint it? Then its just a stock body panel.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

i think youre a big jerk lol. poor guy, everyone knows what he meant by it and what he was selling. i call them berger panels too. just because everyone knows what im talking about. if i said tail filler i doubt most people would know. do you call it a "klenex" or a tissue? a "pop - tart" or a toaster pastry? same concept imo.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
only read the first page, but i agree with what slowss02 had to say.

its the same as the ceta mod, people liked the look of these specal ed. cars, and transplanted those looks onto their cars. sure some do it different colors, some keep it black... but even with black there are variations. true berger cars and CETA's came in a uniform shade of black, they didn't get the choice of gloss, flat, or satin...

with that said, none of the cars with self/professionally painted panels are TRUE berger/ceta style panels, but who cares, they're simply done to change your cars appearance

This is the way i see it (whether i like the way they look or not), ANY time the color of the real panel is changed to something different than that of the rest of the body FOR APPEARANCE PURPOSES, it is a "berger panel" or the "ceta mod", for camaro's and trans am's respectively...

you want to do a hot pink berger panel, go for it.... and it'll be considered a berger panel as long as its on any colored car other than hot pink. These two appearance mods have grown in popularity over the years, and people do take them and change it a bit and use other colors, its all part of modding to your own preferences.

whether he's selling it as a berger panel or not, who gives a fu%K. it doesn't make a difference, if you want a black berger, buy it, and paint it, its not that big of a deal to where you need to ruin someones for sale thread with nonsense. especially since there are people who have done/like the look of silver panels on black NBM cars... do i? no, but thats not the point here...
I see what your saying BUT, The "Berger" panel actually has history to it and reasoning behind it. The CETA Mod does not. Back in the day a Semi Gloss finishing or filler panel on a Camaro ment it was packing a Big Block under the hood. GMMG did a Throw Back to Berger Chevrolet by putting it on there Special Editions because their who started it, again back in the day.

^Berger '70 454 Camaro

^ 396 SS
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

See...I hate topics like this one. Both sides want to be right and even when one side is right, the other will continue to use the incorrect term anyway, so who really cares?!?

Okay, the Berger (not pronounced BURGER, but BERZIER, and I bet half of you didn't even know that) is only a " stock rear filler panel" that Berger Chevrolet painted semi-gloss and put on their OWN cars with the "BERGER" logo on it.

It's just a popular nickname that the rear filler panel got because it looked cool.

If it isn't a filler panel from Berger or on a Berger car than it's just a "painted" rear filler panel, technically.

I personally don't like the flat/semi-gloss look so I put a factory gloss black rear filler from a stock SS on my car. I did it because it flows with my entire pant scheme. My buddy 6litereater has a semi-gloss black panel on his car so it looks more 60's inspired and closer to a real "Berger" car.

To use the term Berger is technically incorrect. But we're all gonna still do it anyway.

There, you've all been educated, and I hope I shed a little light on the subject and didn't **** off too many people.

I guess that being said, only black rear filler panels should be considered "Berger" panels......but in reality we're all just wrong and they're just rear filler panels.

**END RANT**
Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^exactly! so what if we're technically using it wrong, thats just the way it is now

the term has grown... either you can live in the past or the present .

i can only speak of the appearance modding times we're in now, and as far as 4th gens go, this is a widely used term that most will understand when used. Yes, it does have historical significance, and it does refer to what is on the actual berger cars, but it's used more in a general sense now.

In any case, anyone who knows anything about the true Berger cars, would know that this silver panel could not have came from one...
Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

^^ Well said!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Obviously when the OP used the word he was referring to the word as a definition for the actual panel, not the "historical" term.

Sort of like referring to all bandages as band-aids when band-aid is actually a brand of bandages.

Last edited by hlaalu; 07-14-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with a lot said. I normally dont do post like this, but he got to me and some people need to learn. lol The berger panel name came from the berger camaros. They did something different and painted the rear panel black. They didnt even call it a berger panel everyone else started that so its been called that since. That being said if its any color that wasnt on berger camaro its not a berger panel
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

yeah, I'll have a #3 large with teh curly fries........I want xtra Arby sauce, so help me god If I dont get any arby sauce!..........
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
I agree with a lot said. I normally dont do post like this, but he got to me and some people need to learn. lol The berger panel name came from the berger camaros. They did something different and painted the rear panel black. They didnt even call it a berger panel everyone else started that so its been called that since. That being said if its any color that wasnt on berger camaro its not a berger panel
The word "berger" has evolved to simply mean the back panel of the car. Words do that.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the "Berger Mod" came to mean painting your rear Camaro panel a different color, usually a flat or gloss black, but has now evolved to the point where any contrasting color is acceptable. I think the name has more to do with the idea (painting the panel a contrasting color) rather than the specific color. If someone was to do the "whistler Mod" to his headlights and chose a different color then it would still be considered a whistler mod because the general idea and means to get to the final product are the same.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

could u advertise whisler mod headlights 4sale and them just be stock? Thats why i was trying to let him know its not a berger panel and he was acting like i was the dumb one lol
Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
could u advertise whisler mod headlights 4sale and them just be stock? Thats why i was trying to let him know its not a berger panel and he was acting like i was the dumb one lol
I think he's confusing the mod and the part. The part itself is not the berger panel, it's just become associated with the mod so many just call that panel the berger panel.

Quick Reply: What makes a berger panel a berger panel????