Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 05-20-2016, 02:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

How to remove a 98-02 headlight??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to remove a 98-02 headlight??

Just looking to tighten the headlight down and I notice a slight gap on the drivers side bumper to front fender so I wanted to tighten those bolts as well. I googled and searched and all i found was halo and whistler mod tips.. frustrated to i thought id post such a simple question.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So you're trying to remove the headlight?

step 1) leave the light bulbs in the headlight, but disconnect them from the wiring.

step 2) (see 2nd pic) you will see a bracket above connecting the light to the bumoer support thing. There are two 10mm bolts, remove both and take the bracket off. ***EDIT- only remove the one 10mm bolt that connects to the light. don't bother taking out the second one.

step 3) (see 1st pic- the headlight is laying upside down, so imagine it the other way.) the headlights have two hooks on them that fit into notches in the bracketing that the lights rest on. For the driver side, you'll slide the light to the left to release the hooks from the slots, and then pull up and out. pull the right side of the light out first and then the left. Do the opposite when you install (left side in first, then the right side.)

It may take a little finagling to get it out, but thats all it takes. If i missed something or made a mistake someone can chime in. I'm going off of memory since i dont have the camaro anymore...

Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also take out the 5 pins on the top of the bumper cover, then pull the cover over the foam bumper and it gives you a lot of extra room.

Quick Reply: How to remove a 98-02 headlight??