Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

3 guage pillar mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 guage pillar mod

I have the 3 guage pillar mod. Keep in mind I am not extacly brightest bulb in the box, but not exaclty burnout either. Where do i run these wires to? I need to tap into something to get these guages working i have a temp guage volt guage and a oil guage. Im sure this should not to be soo complicated but hey thats my style. if anyone knows which wires or where to splice into them or any info would be helpful. Also i did try to find some info on eearch but couldnt
thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ran all my wires to get em to light up and work and all that to the fuse box to the left of the dash. but to get em to actually work and read out what you need, i cant help you there cause i have diff gauges in mine so sorry i couldnt be a complete help
Old 07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

hey man thats a start thanks bro your from rutherford Im about 2 hrs from you Im in Albemarle NC one of my buddies is the GM at forestcity honda close to you.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The temp gauge and oil gauge should come with senders. If they don't I'm not sure how you are gonna get them to read anything.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jameswoodlee
hey man thats a start thanks bro your from rutherford Im about 2 hrs from you Im in Albemarle NC one of my buddies is the GM at forestcity honda close to you.
talk about a small world lol
Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

I think my autometer gauges required 2 power and 2 ground wires each so I just ran 1 wire from the ign spot in the fuse panel up to the gauge pod and tied all of the gauges into it. I also just ran 1 ground wire from a spot under the steering column to the pod and tied the gauges into that. It was easier than running a bunch of wires. Then its just the sender wires to hook up. The gauges should come with schematics that will help alot.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

yea I got these off of here and the guy didnt have them with it. MY bad on that one.
thanks for the info though

Quick Reply: 3 guage pillar mod