Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

comfortable racing seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default comfortable racing seat

I know its a bit of an oxymoron but does anyone know where I can find reviews on comfortable racing seats. I'd like to take out the stock seats and put it racing seats. My stock seats weigh 42lbs apiece and that would be a nice weight drop. Any recommendations? This will be used for daily driving so a seat that weighs 4-5 more pounds is alright.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bp944
I know its a bit of an oxymoron but does anyone know where I can find reviews on comfortable racing seats. I'd like to take out the stock seats and put it racing seats. My stock seats weigh 42lbs apiece and that would be a nice weight drop. Any recommendations? This will be used for daily driving so a seat that weighs 4-5 more pounds is alright.
I am working on installing Acura RSX Type-S seats and my passenger seat weighed in at 41 lbs. They are not a true racing seat, but they are do have some pretty good bolstering and are very comfortable. There is another guy that just did S2000 seats, which would be another good choice (not sure on the exact weight of those, but I bet its similar).

Take a look for our posts (they are pretty recent).
Old 08-01-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is going to depend on what you find comfortable. I daily drive in a Corbeau Forza, but others might find that to not be comfortable. The only time I think it isn't is when I drive from FL to PA, 18 hours isn't that fun in that seat, but 3-4 hour trips, no problem.

Quick Reply: comfortable racing seat