Does anyone have pics of a MEAN/CLEAN red SS? - LS1TECH

Log In 


Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Does anyone have pics of a MEAN/CLEAN red SS?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
TECH Junkie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (64)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,613
Default Does anyone have pics of a MEAN/CLEAN red SS?

I bought an 02 red SS last week and already regret it. The red is way to MF bright for my taste, and I'm quickly beginning to notice they don't look that agressive. I already have some sportines/Adj PHB being delivered to me, but even a nice stance/wheels I don't think will be enough .
Donohue96M6Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
9 Second Club
iTrader: (17)
 
RedRocketZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madrid, IA
Posts: 1,830
Default

Mine is red and clean. In no way does it look mean though. It is sitting on black ZR1's now with a black Berger panel. I like the look of it. The red can be overwhelming at times but the black breaks it up nicely. Do a search on here. There are plenty of threads with just red cars.
RedRocketZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
11 Second Club
iTrader: (2)
 
AZ2ENVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Energy Vortex's
Posts: 1,349
Default

AZ2ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (10)
 
1998MysticZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Fl/Afghanistan
Posts: 664
Default

whatever happened to brian2006
1998MysticZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Teching In
 
LAST Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Joliet, Il
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998MysticZ28 View Post
whatever happened to brian2006
He dicked over a bunch of members here by taking their money and not sending them their product they ordered from LED vault. He quickly disappeared.
LAST Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Camaro_94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,454
Default

I had mixed feelings about my car.. It took a lot of work to get it as clean as it is now, but I love it. It looks great IMHO clean, and really stands out (just ask all the police officers! LOL! J/K)

Mine needs to be lowered though.






Camaro_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
crimson_bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,088
Default

i know how you feel. I've had the t/a for a year now, and still when i look at it on a bright sunny day, that red is just too much. even being broken up with the stripes/rims/tint and all, its still too bright for my taste.
crimson_bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (17)
 
phantomzer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lockport, IL
Posts: 4,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAST Z28 View Post
He dicked over a bunch of members here by taking their money and not sending them their product they ordered from LED vault. He quickly disappeared.
He didn't quickly disappear at all. He got in way over his head with the business and tried to make things right for a lot of people. I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong, but he chose to leave because of all the bad blood.

It seemed like a lot of his issue was paperwork. Looked like people ordered and he thought he was sending orders out. he just got disorganized quickly and that blew everything up.

As far as where he is now, not here I'm afraid. He is a really cool guy and had a very nice car. People have a preconceived notion that he is some ******** and a cheat because of what happened. I knew him very well and he just got into a bad situation.
phantomzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Classified
Posts: 6,028
Default

Clean + Mean SS= SIC LSX car..
TXZ28LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #11
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
crimson_bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzer0 View Post
He didn't quickly disappear at all. He got in way over his head with the business and tried to make things right for a lot of people. I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong, but he chose to leave because of all the bad blood.

It seemed like a lot of his issue was paperwork. Looked like people ordered and he thought he was sending orders out. he just got disorganized quickly and that blew everything up.

As far as where he is now, not here I'm afraid. He is a really cool guy and had a very nice car. People have a preconceived notion that he is some ******** and a cheat because of what happened. I knew him very well and he just got into a bad situation.
i assume you guys are referring to the owner of the balled up car?

just curious
crimson_bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
98-mongooSSe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Charles, MO.
Posts: 542
Default

Well, its red & clean anyway...








Shay
98-mongooSSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
Launching!
iTrader: (3)
 
STREET99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 298
Default



^^I think after seeing that, I need to go change my pants. DAM! that thing is sex on wheels!
STREET99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Camaro_94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,454
Default

98-mongoosse, your car looks sick!
Camaro_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #15
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
98-mongooSSe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Charles, MO.
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREET99 View Post
^^I think after seeing that, I need to go change my pants. DAM! that thing is sex on wheels!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_94 View Post
98-mongoosse, your car looks sick!
Thanks bud, yours too! I haven't seen too many other red ones with the neutral interior either.

Shay
98-mongooSSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (7)
 
Ls1CamaroGuy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 4,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson_bird View Post
i assume you guys are referring to the owner of the balled up car?

just curious
I don't think so, Brian had a red 98 Z28 with a sunoco hood. He was a really cool guy when I used to talk to him. I was basically his guinea pig when he was starting up his led business, so he hooked me up pretty good as we tried new ideas and was always very helpful.


Nice cars guys, keep em coming
Ls1CamaroGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #17
11 Second Club
iTrader: (5)
 
Camaro Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monroe, Iowa
Posts: 1,024
Default

Camaro's in general take a lot of work to look good, there are a lot of little things you can do to make them look a lot better. Just scroll through the links that DopeFedZ posted and you will find a lot of ideas.
Camaro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
crimson_bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87 View Post
I don't think so, Brian had a red 98 Z28 with a sunoco hood. He was a really cool guy when I used to talk to him. I was basically his guinea pig when he was starting up his led business, so he hooked me up pretty good as we tried new ideas and was always very helpful.
oh okay, i just tied 1998MysticZ28's question with the post above
crimson_bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
12 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Gluemaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 433
Default

Even thought there are xx amounts of these threads, here ya go:

This is Black8banger's old car before we dismantled it. 402, 6spd, cage, blah. blah.






Last edited by Gluemaker; 09-01-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Gluemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #20
TECH Junkie
 
9WhiteCamaro9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rutherford, North Carolina
Posts: 3,558
Default

^ what kind of springs/shocks was he using?
9WhiteCamaro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.