Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

6LE & McNord @ Super Chevy show in PHX

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate body kits, and I remember creeping on here and lovin the build on the wide body car when it was white. McNord your car is so bad ***. So much better with that hood. And 6le your car is just as amazing. Can't wait till you build up that new concept you guys drew up! Two perfect cars!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They look pretty damn good guys!

Things I would change with McNord's Camaro if it were mine.

LT1 tail lights
Red accents instead of green
Bigger gloss black CCW 505A
CME tips powdercoated gloss black.
Gloss black bowtie in the front
Probably Whister mod the headlights too
Front smoked clear lenses
Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Things I would change on either car? The title into my name so I could have them.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
No exhaust tips?
Not yet, when I do have them they wouldn't be out the back though.
Soon I will have a new bumper without the hole for it anyway.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Bringing this back alive! Damn I wish I could afford a wide body kit for our cars

These two pics alone made me Brian if you ever decide to sell your car
Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
Things I would change on either car? The title into my name so I could have them.

Everything's for sale if the price is right...

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
They look pretty damn good guys!

Things I would change with McNord's Camaro if it were mine.

LT1 tail lights
Red accents instead of green
Bigger gloss black CCW 505A
CME tips powdercoated gloss black.
Gloss black bowtie in the front
Probably Whister mod the headlights too
Front smoked clear lenses
Thanks but hopefully soon the car wouldn't have the green accents anymore, & will have the black exhaust tips you mentioned (just not CME), black front turn signals like you mentioned, & my headlights are already Whistlered.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Excellent
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

I like the green. The cage and front intake area tubing is amazing. If anything I'd do a white cage
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the green. The cage and front intake area tubing is amazing. If anything I'd do a white cage
Thanks! The green isn't going away, I still like it, its the satin black that I'm kind of hating now lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe gloss black? Idk I think it's cool.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by McNord
Thanks! The green isn't going away, I still like it, its the satin black that I'm kind of hating now lol.
Really? How come... I'm bias so I think it looks bad ***! Only thing Id do is get a black gas gap, tint the taillights, & all the other driving lights. & get some black headlights. & Id love to see your car on slicks & skinnies! One day maybe! But if you don't mind how much do you think you spent on the body kit? I know its not cheap but would be interesting to know how much I gotta save haha
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Really? How come... I'm bias so I think it looks bad ***! Only thing Id do is get a black gas gap, tint the taillights, & all the other driving lights. & get some black headlights. & Id love to see your car on slicks & skinnies! One day maybe! But if you don't mind how much do you think you spent on the body kit? I know its not cheap but would be interesting to know how much I gotta save haha
The satin black is just too much of a PITA. Water spots show & seem to stain the paint, they don't go away. Also with all the different things I do in the garage I create a lot of fiber glass dust & the car gets dusty fast. Since the finish of the car is satin its a little porous & that dust is a nightmare to get off. My 3yo daughter was in the garage with me one day and she used her finger to scribble something in the dust on the fender, no big deal & I didn't think much of it till a week or two later when I washed the car. the oils from her skin combined with the fine dust left a mark that took over 3 hours of washing to get rid of. I think that's ridiculous, plus the fact that I can't do any wet sanding on the little blemishes, or buffing, etc.... Some lighting the car looks fantastic, some it looks horrible, I would rather have it look good in all lighting rather than the extremes. Thats why the satin black has lost its charm for me.

If my dad has his way you might get to see it on a drag wheel set up, he has been dieing to get into some drag racing since he sold his circle track car and keeps trying to talk me into it.

I didn't spend much money on materials for the body, probably less than $2000 but the real cost is the time & effort. The wheel & tire combo is whats going to eat your wallet and leave you thinking "OMG, what have I done?" lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked the white, but I am partial to it.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talent!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by McNord
The satin black is just too much of a PITA. Water spots show & seem to stain the paint, they don't go away. Also with all the different things I do in the garage I create a lot of fiber glass dust & the car gets dusty fast. Since the finish of the car is satin its a little porous & that dust is a nightmare to get off. My 3yo daughter was in the garage with me one day and she used her finger to scribble something in the dust on the fender, no big deal & I didn't think much of it till a week or two later when I washed the car. the oils from her skin combined with the fine dust left a mark that took over 3 hours of washing to get rid of. I think that's ridiculous, plus the fact that I can't do any wet sanding on the little blemishes, or buffing, etc.... Some lighting the car looks fantastic, some it looks horrible, I would rather have it look good in all lighting rather than the extremes. Thats why the satin black has lost its charm for me.

If my dad has his way you might get to see it on a drag wheel set up, he has been dieing to get into some drag racing since he sold his circle track car and keeps trying to talk me into it.

I didn't spend much money on materials for the body, probably less than $2000 but the real cost is the time & effort. The wheel & tire combo is whats going to eat your wallet and leave you thinking "OMG, what have I done?" lol.
Yea I hear you... That would be a bitch & I'm sure trying to keep it "clean" every day is a pain in the ***! What color are you thinking if you were to change it again? But +1 with your dad lol. I think you should just throw some slicks & skinnies on it & see how it looks. I think you would like it. It be even more unique! & I think with the wide body kit & spoiler it would complete the racing type look

Quick Reply: 6LE & McNord @ Super Chevy show in PHX